NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eric help tranny?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eric help tranny?
    Posted: March-25-2012 at 8:42pm
Sat took the 68 Camaro out of storage and everything was fine for about 5 miles and then after a stop it wouldn't shift out of second and then after a stop just stayed in low. Any guess what could have gone wrong. never had any troubles prior. It's a turbo 350.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 12:17am
modulater? or a bad vacuum line going to it
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:54am
man, I havnt cracked into one of those in about 10 years, how does the oil smell? were you hammering it? more history and i will put on the thinking cap
there is a kickdown cable on it that goes to the carb, that will kick it down a gear when you mash on it.
i just sold that 85 Vette i had to my buddy, put about 5000 miles on the rebuilt trans and my buddy scattered the trans, went down to the trans shop that he took it to and there are planetary gears laying in the pan, only posted that because he wants me to pay for it. One of those, only drove it twice to church kinda things
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:20am
Ok heres the deal. I swapped the car for another. I had to meet the guy 1/2 way (2.5 hr ride) I trailered the car. did the deal in a parking lot everything was fine. He decided to drive it home and didn't get one exit away. He said it was down a qt. He filled it and it stayed in low. It is at a shop now and I was just wondering the possibilities cause I'm on the hook to make it right. He said the guy at shop said fluid did smelll somewhat burnt. I was wondering if it most likely something minor or am I looking at $$$$$. If the latter I'll go back and get it and get it done locally.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:21pm
my guy flipped the low sprague on the way to church, he claims he only drove it home..but i know different, 23 hundies he is trying to hook me with...burnt oil means slipped band or clutches...
oh yeah, he broke the case too....i installed a trans-go reprogrammer in it an when you throw it into low it goes into low, i figured this guy did it at 70mph...all i can say Hard, i dont think its going to be cheap
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:34pm
Most reassuring as that is usually my luck. knowing he had a 2.5 hour ride home I can't believe he was beating on it from mile one and he literally didn't make one exit. I will be in touch with the shop tommorrow and see what is what. There was mention of a modualtor valve or something that would give the same effect. Thanks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 8:32am
the vacuum modlator controls upshifts, it my be a good possibility it is disconnected or has a vacuum leak...that would be nice
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 7:37pm
Eric, update, The kickdown cable was kinked or or broke I'm not sure, and the vacuum line improperly installed. This car wasn't driven much since assembly. anyway it is not a major dilemma. Thanks for helping. Kevin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 8:33pm
good to hear...
yaomingyaoming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaomingyaoming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 1:25am
Using the bag, McQueen manages once more to accomplish what it usually does so perfectly productively mix numerous heavy design and style things in a way that doesnt sense overwrought or silly. The company makes www.longchamptoteoutlets.com that sort of sunshine touch look simple, but its not equally as whoevers behind Christian Louboutins purses. A clutch such as this a single would be to be celebrated as some thing of an accomplishment.

As finest longchamp outlet as I can tell, that good results will come from the brand, even after the lack of its founder, getting a really clear and longchamp unified vision rather than merely a whole lot of ideas.

When absolutely everyone included in the look course of action has purchased in into a single aesthetic ideal, it results in being a lot easier to perform towards fulfilling it in all places, not simply within the runway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic