NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shop rags

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shop rags
    Posted: March-24-2012 at 10:10pm
My wife is at work so I'm running some greasy and very dirty shop rags through the washer/drier!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 10:35pm
I did that once. "She who must be obeyed" now has a new washer and dryer and old ones are in the hangar for shop rags and coveralls.

I even ran a white rag around the tub to check for grease and she still found out.
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 11:28pm
I did a load of white dust covered jeans and shirts from grinding out the stringers this week. She's sitting right next to me and still doesn't know :)
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 11:20am
when im at work the sister in law pops over with 4 or 5 loads
"the things you own will start to own you"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

My wife is at work so I'm running some greasy and very dirty shop rags through the washer/drier!!

If you get busted if gives her full permission to re-purpose your shop while your at work.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 12:14pm
Im kind of surprised you don't have one of these fully restored in the shop.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 1:49pm
I have a nearly unlimited supply of shop rags from my Dad. When they open up the sterile packages of blue hospital rags in the operating room they have to throw the unused ones away, but my pops keeps them. He has trash bags full of them. I don't even worry about washing them most of the time.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 2:04pm
Same here    But now that Karen doesn't work at the Hospital anymore--and Heather can't get them for me-- I rely on Brent- the son-in-law , to get them for me. He's in maintainence there. But he doesn't keep me stocked like I need.
Keegan-- can you get me a big bag? Then when you come for that #2 Fender, we can swap
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 2:25pm
Sounds good Marty. I don't have your home phone # give me a call when you get a chance. Kids are out of school tomorrow an I am off so we will be prepping the boat for the season.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 3:15pm
And I'm stuck with buying the cotton rag boxes!!

BTW, I didn't get caught but even after 2 HD laundering's then really didn't come out too clean!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 3:38pm
I do that every now and then, but if the wife ever found out I'm sure she would insist on a new washer. She wants a new one so bad I'm really surprised I've been able to hold her off. Just don't see the need for a new one when the one we have works well.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by HatterBee HatterBee wrote:

Just don't see the need for a new one when the one we have works well.

Exactly!! And, in 28 years, I have NEVER had to call the "lonely Maytag repairman".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by HatterBee HatterBee wrote:

I do that every now and then, but if the wife ever found out I'm sure she would insist on a new washer. She wants a new one so bad I'm really surprised I've been able to hold her off. Just don't see the need for a new one when the one we have works well.

The guy who I buy my parts from, who also sells news appliances says that I am far better repairing my 15 year old washer/dryers than buying new. He says the new ones will only last 8-10 years. They are far easier to work on than a correct craft.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 4:23pm
Pete, the wife has though lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Im kind of surprised you don't have one of these fully restored in the shop.

In really had to at this one...
Actually not that far fetched if you ask me
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic