NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lawnmower no start when hot

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lawnmower no start when hot
    Posted: March-20-2012 at 12:26am
I recently acquired a used commercial grade Husqvarna self-propelled lawnmower with 6.5 hp OHV Briggs& Stratton engine. It's a Husqvarna 580RSW (made by Ariens for those in the know). It's in good shape, but has a nuisance problem that I need to take care of.

Father-in-law says it doesn't want to re-start when hot. I've had luck correcting a similar issue with another mower by replacing the ignition module, but you folks have me re-thinking the part replacement method of repair.

Does the ignition module seem like a logical place to start? I'm told to get it to operating temp and then when the symptom presentt, remove the plug, ground it and see if it sparks. If no, then replace module. If yes, module is good.   

Another suggestion was a bad valve?

Suggestions? I cranked it on the first pull yesterday. I think I'll put fresh gas in it, replace the plug, change the oil and a new air filter. What else?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 2:54am
That is exactly what I was going to suggest. I always use the KISS method to repair small engines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic