Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Odd Sound on left turn

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
waketique78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waketique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odd Sound on left turn
    Posted: September-19-2005 at 1:23pm
When I make a left turn with my boat I get a very strange noise, almost like a scrape and it seems to vibrate the whole boat. I was thinkin maybe a motor mount was loose and so the engine moved a bit on a turn. Boat sounds perfectly normal when turning right. Has anybody ever experienced something like this. I have a 1978 ski tique with the commander 302
1978 Ski Tique, Skylon, Fatseat And Sacs for ballast
Bill B View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2005 at 2:08pm
If the prop is more than 1/2 to 5/8 of a inch from the rear of the strut it will vibrate inn left turns. Finally in 1997 they saw the light from yours truly, no more noise.
waketique78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waketique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2005 at 7:10pm
that makes sense cause it seems to be worse when i accelerate in the turn, more rpms more vibration. THANKS!!
1978 Ski Tique, Skylon, Fatseat And Sacs for ballast
Bill B View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2005 at 5:38pm
You are welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic