NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinioins on this 2001

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by 00cls1camaross 00cls1camaross wrote:

How does the bottom of the hull look to you guys? Do the small cracks around the tower make you nervous?

Those were the two things that bothered me.

I could not see anything wrong by my eye. No cracks or problems that I could see. I guess from the pic of prop and rudder, the prop kinda looks nicked up or bent. But may be from the picture or glare...Did you do a enternal check with the engine mounts, lag bolts etc ?? Do the bolts catch or not??
Good looking pic of the commander manifolds.. I wish had those on mine, I think they look better than the PCM. Anyways she looks to be a buyer. Keep us posted, and hopefully welcome to the 2001 club..   
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 2:13pm
The guy told me there were hair line cracks where the tower mounts. I just don't want to end up with a problem later down the road.

I would really like to get this boat for 5500.

Say this boat was used in salt water, how much should tha impact the value?
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by 00cls1camaross 00cls1camaross wrote:

The guy told me there were hair line cracks where the tower mounts. I just don't want to end up with a problem later down the road.

I would really like to get this boat for 5500.

Say this boat was used in salt water, how much should tha impact the value?

I would say pretty significantly as everything it touches will have a shortened life span. Esp the engine obviously. So that would be a big negotiater. From what we have seen I think 5500-6000 is a fair price. The tower mounts could always be reinforced, I would recommend this if it has a hairline fracture, this will only get worse.

I would nit pick as much as I could and I think you could feel pretty good about 5500 if the trailer is in decent shape. Saltwater use, I dknow, I would say no more than 4 or I would even maybe just walk away. Unless it was only once or so and it was flushed but its more of a gamble.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 3:37pm
Salt water can be deadly to a boat if not flushed properly after use. I am with Justin on price. 5500-6k seems pretty fair.. But dont just settle, you never know. You could get it cheaper maybe...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic