Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski pylon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DonDDrake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDDrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski pylon
    Posted: December-14-2011 at 3:44pm
I need a ski pylon for a 1987 Barefoot Natique . . . new or used
Don D. Drake
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 5:00pm
I have one out of an '86. $350.00 plus S&H. Complete ring/finger.

I also have one out of a '96 I would sell $150.00.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 5:08pm
Pretty sure theres no such thing as a '96 Barefoot Nautique, Tim.

The Ski Nautique pylons are different, so make sure youre clear about what youre selling. The BFN pylons are much longer due to the v-hull... the distance from the keel to the floor is much greater. I would be VERY surprised if a Ski Nautique pylon fit in place due to the location of the bend.

I suspect sourcing a BFN pylon will be very tough... how exactly do you lose a pylon?
DonDDrake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDDrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 10:07pm
I hope the ski pylon from the 86 will work. Can you advise the dimensions of it so I can see if it is the same as the 87?
Don D. Drake
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 2:19am
Might be cheaper to have someone build one for you. Hawktique had a custom pylon made for his 90. I want to say it was just at $100 bucks to have done in materials but he had a buddy do the work.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 10:48am
Originally posted by DonDDrake DonDDrake wrote:

I hope the ski pylon from the 86 will work. Can you advise the dimensions of it so I can see if it is the same as the 87?

I strongly suspect that Tim's '86 pylon came from a Ski Nautique, since that was his previous boat- hence my warning.

Do have him measure it. The distance from the bottom of the pin to the start of the bend would be the most interesting measurement. I suspect that distance on a Ski Nautique pylon would be too short, and the bend would contact the floor of the boat prior to the pin reaching the cup in the hull, if you were to try and install it in your BFN.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 11:21am
I have a ball top out of an 87 Martinique...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 12:11pm
Be glad to measure it for you. I hope it fits.

DonDDrake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDDrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 9:01pm
Have you had a chance to measure the 86 ski pylon? Would appreciate receiving the info.
Don D. Drake
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 10:53am
Here is why I suspect the Ski Nautique pylon will not fit in the Barefoot Nautique.

'81 Ski Nautique pylon on right, '83 Barefoot Nautique pylon on the left. I suspect the 2001 pylon will be similar to the earlier Ski Nautique pylon, if not exactly the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic