Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sealed Power / Speed Pro CS1057M cam

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Leon - Denmark View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon - Denmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sealed Power / Speed Pro CS1057M cam
    Posted: September-09-2005 at 7:45am
Just got the cam for my 351windsor, it was wraped in oil-paper without any data at all.

If was trying to find my firing order, but without any luck.

My cam is a Sealed Power/Speed Pro CS1057M

Do any of you fellow boat-owners have my firing order stored i your mind, somewhere between "degreeing cam" and "adjusting Holley carbs" ?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon - Denmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2005 at 9:10am
Just as i had given up... sh*t lets try once more.. i found my cam on Federal Mogul's site. Product search gave nothing, but the application search did :-)

1-8-4-5-6-2-7-3

Will run-in cam this weekend :-)
But have to look at my new starter, it seems to disengage the flywheel to easy !!!
Dont hope it's missing any teeth already.
Anyway its no rush, water temp is 17deg.C. and the winter is knocking on the door.
So might go Hobie sailing instead.
Will use the winter to mount the carpet, seats and side gfx and mayby look at the trailer (and update my website)
3 years of work will hopefully resulte in skiing next summer :-D
George View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2005 at 10:23am
My 351W's cam is 13726548.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2005 at 2:56pm
Leon, that is the exact cam I installed in my 289. If you engine is a reverse rotation engine, as is my 289, the firing order is
1-8-4-5-6-2-7-3.

the only documentation that came with the cam was on the label pasted to the end of the box.

Where did you buy your cam? Did you buy the matching lifters?

Interesting situation, I was attempting to build for torque at the higher end of the RPM scale and that is the cam I chose. 351s are noted for torque at the low end of the RPM scale (I think). Ut oh...... Oh well.

Added note: This kinda reminds me of when I accidently went into a ladies restroom at a resturant. After finishing my business I went to the sink to wash my hands. Then a woman came out of a stall to wash her hands. As we stood side-by-side she turned her head towards me and said: "One of us is in the wrong restroom." I wondered why there were no urinals in there.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
S.T. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2005 at 4:15pm
My '86 SN is 18456273. The PCM manual says that's for RB, RC, and RD engines (whatever those letters signify). RE engines (also R.H. rotation) use 18736245.

The firing order that George mentioned is one of the listed L.H. rotation firing orders.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2005 at 9:03pm
J-I-H; don't know what we'd do without you on this site....came home after a long hot day, looked for the end of your story, didn't find it, but got my laughs off this thread....thanks......jbear
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon - Denmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2005 at 3:28pm
Hi Jim,

First i had turned the ignition 180deg. (firing in the exaust). Engine is running perfect now, timing is 8deg. and its all run in. water is 160, oil 140, trans oil ?, oil pressure 60psi when hot, alt. is 14.3volt.
One squize on the Holley and it starts.

I havent max rev. it for a longer time yet. But the speeder responce is FAST, very fast, one quick close to WOT showed 5000rpm.
BUT then the oil came :-/ We have the engine out today, I fool had put in the wrong rearend-seal LH-rotation (car-seal) was what i had installed, so now a RH-marine-seal is in place.
I havent started the engine yet, after new seal.

Anyway.. i wonder what the dif. was between the 2 seals and didnt find any (but did have dif. numbers casted) I also noted the it was not the seal that had the "////"-profile but the crankshaft. !!!!!!!!!!! This would make the crank push oil against the seal when RH-rot. And suck air in when LH-rot.
Isnt it the same crankshaft LH vs RH rotation ??? (i hope)
Or am I wrong in installing the seal, lip forward (||\ <-- oil/crank).

My lifters is the "pump up"-type (dont remember the brand) and i have an Performer intake and Pertronix (in Prestolite) with MSD Blaster 2
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2005 at 8:25pm
No, the crankshafts are not always the same. See this previous thread:

Crank Rotation Thread
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon - Denmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2005 at 8:36pm
Hi again...

Just read the "Big oil leak" posting, i have the same problem... the "//////" on the crank is turning the wrong way, pushing the oil out.
Guess it doesnt matter what rearend seal i put on, it will still leak.

I did know that it was a automotive crank, my old crank was done after breaking an connecting rod, cam (into 4ps), timing cover and big chips of the cylinder-wall. So we just used the crank that came with "new" block.
We did remember to buy everything in "reverse" parts. I installed the wrong seal, having the correct one sitting next to me. And i never found anything about a reverse crank on the internet.

What can i Do ?? if i grind them off, the diameter will become to small and the oil will still come out. What do a machineshop do ? put the crank in a lathe. Turn the grooves off and make a brusing, heat-crimp it on and rotery-grind it to the correct diameter. Do i need to make new grooves ? "\\\\\" ?? i guess it would be the best. sh*t the shop is charging 125$ per hour.
The B-axis on my mill is turning the wrong way, so i cant make the grooves myself.
55.18.728N 11.10.018E, yea its up northern Scandi.
48knots Flying Hobiecat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon - Denmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2005 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Leon - Denmark Leon - Denmark wrote:

Hi Jim,

First i had turned the ignition 180deg. (firing in the exaust). Engine is running perfect now, timing is 8deg. and its all run in. water is 160, oil 140, trans oil ?, oil pressure 60psi when hot, alt. is 14.3volt.
One squize on the Holley and it starts.

I havent max rev. it for a longer time yet. But the speeder responce is FAST, very fast, one quick close to WOT showed 5000rpm.
BUT then the oil came :-/ We have the engine out today, I fool had put in the wrong rearend-seal LH-rotation (car-seal) was what i had installed, so now a RH-marine-seal is in place.
I havent started the engine yet, after new seal.

Anyway.. i wonder what the dif. was between the 2 seals and didnt find any (but did have dif. numbers casted) I also noted the it was not the seal that had the "////"-profile but the crankshaft. !!!!!!!!!!! This would make the crank push oil against the seal when RH-rot. And suck air in when LH-rot.
Isnt it the same crankshaft LH vs RH rotation ??? (i hope)
Or am I wrong in installing the seal, lip forward (||\ <-- oil/crank).

My lifters is the "pump up"-type (dont remember the brand) and i have an Performer intake and Pertronix (in Prestolite) with MSD Blaster 2
55.18.728N 11.10.018E, yea its up northern Scandi.
48knots Flying Hobiecat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic