Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kids Trainer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
snipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kids Trainer
    Posted: November-08-2011 at 10:22pm
I'm searching for training skies for kids. I wish I knew the right terminology for this thing, but I don't. It's the kind that is like a surfboard but has a cutout in the rear. It is actually pulled with the tow rope attached to the bottom of the board. The rider holds on to a ski handle attached to the top of the board.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 1:00am
EZ ski trainer, good luck, they seldom come up used, and then they hold their value.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 1:16am
He's talking about a ski skimmer. The Ez ski is a ski skimmer wiht an inflatable shell wrapped around the skimmer.

Search the internet for ski skimmer (Obrien calls theirs something else). They vary in price form 59 to about 100 bucks. I found the one for my daughter at some ski shop in Montana of all things. Some come with a rope, some do not.

Good news - 2year olds get up on these easily, and they will handle a kid up to 7 or 8 years old. Bad news - they are a beginner device. My 4 year old had outgrown it after a handful of times on the skimmer.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 2:52am
I could not agree with BKH any more. They are great for beginners and I've had several 3 to 5 year old kids up in no time. My kids out grew it pretty quickly, but it is still worth the hundred bucks to get your kids used to sitting in the water and popping out like pros. My now four year old was up on a wake board doing deep starts by himself this summer. He started on the ski skimmer when he was two, by age three, he was confident enough to put on a wakeboard and try to get up by himself.

Go buy one. The full price is worth it.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 6:55pm
We have a Ski Skimmer. It's a must have if you are into teaching very young skiers. I feel it's the best way to get little ones behind the boat standing up. They seem to be more inclined to try it when mom or dad is holding the end of the rope in the boat. three years ago we had our youngest member of the team (at that time) behind the boat in a show at the ripe old age of 16 months. Two years later, his little brother was doing the same thing at the same age.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2011 at 1:51am
I may have what you are looking for. Let me get them out tomorrow and I will send you a picture.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
Nevergrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 7:51am
We've got an EZski that we use for our crew of kids ranging in ages from 2 to 5/6. It's a great device that quickly builds confidence as you start and finish them from the boats platform. Some of the younger ones don't feel comfortable doing deep starts on anything so it's great for that.

Just be mindful that the kids need to be able to actually swim (or float comfortably with a vest on) before getting too cocky chucking them on devices that may scare them off the sport.

My 3 year old had his first fall the other weekend and he freaked out. It was a combination of shock from actually falling into the water for the first time and then realising he was stranded far from the boat. My brother quickly swam out to him for comfort but it had shaken him. We went out last weekend and he was hesitant to give it another go saying he might fall off again. I sometimes forget he's only 3.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic