Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shift assembly for 78 Ski Tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shift assembly for 78 Ski Tique
    Posted: July-21-2011 at 9:09pm
It appears I need a new shifter for the boat. I cannot find a replacement online or anywhere else. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I would like to use the thing before summer ends. Thanks
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 9:13pm
E-Bay Motors. Try Correct Craft or Ski Nautique. Some guys on the site speak about changing to the Morse II. It has the ring that you pull up to put the boat in gear. Many feel that it is a safety upgrade. They are hard to find new, but if you google Morse II you may find one on some one's shelf.

Do a search about the Morse II on this site and you can read about the safety advantaqes of the upgrade. However, non orginal.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 10:19pm
Whats wrong with the shifter now? Can you pull it apart and rebuild?
wings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 2:02am
Thanks for the search info. I will give it a shot. I do have the shifter apart. Lots of wear, the shoulder bushings are quite worn. Parts to replace are hard to find or non existant. Thought about boring and rebushing with another type of oil impregnated steel but the cost will most likely kill that. If only I still worked as a machinist...
wings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 2:53am
The shifter is very "sticky" at the coming out of the hole and at about 3000 rpm position. Plenty of lube inside, I think parts are just worn out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic