NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Steering Cable

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Steering Cable
    Posted: August-12-2005 at 6:03pm
I am in process of replacing the steering cable on my '68 Mustang. I have removed the bottom nut that holds the steering cable to the rudder control arm. I have applied a lot of upward force to try remove the rudder control arm bolt but it has not budged. There is some kind of 5/8" hex size nut above the steering cable on the rudder control arm bolt. The nut looks like it will not turn - it looks like it is part of the bolt.

Have I just not applied enough force? Does the nut on the top side of the steering cable also need to be loosened? Does the control arm bolt press into the control arm or does it screw in?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2005 at 2:04am
Jim, The bolt is threaded through the control arm. It is a sholder type bolt and the nut on the bottom is a safety lock nut.
Stan C
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2005 at 9:58am
Thanks Stan. That is what I needed to know.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic