NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No start-Tachometer not reading

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No start-Tachometer not reading
    Posted: June-26-2011 at 5:31pm
Hello again.

Maybe the collective can help here. I posted in another thread about my boat but I will give a little background to help diagnose if it helps.

My boat sat in storage for the winter and the roof leaked onto the cover and the bilge had about a foot of water this spring. I had the plug out but a piece of something almost stopped the flow of water out. I can see from a line on the oil pan that water sat in the boat. Line is about half way up the oil pan.

This spring the boat will not start. I had to replace the battery, even though it was stored inside, the starter, and the relay. Because of advicce on this forum I replaced all battery cables as well. Now the engine is turning over great but not starting.

I noticed the tachometer is not registering when I crank the engine, and I am not getting spark anywhere. From the plugs nor coils.
Does the pick up inside the dist what sends the signal to the module to fire?
Is there any way to test the pick up?
Might there be a common place for a ground to fail that will not allow spark?   I cleaned and replaced all battery cables.

Here is what I can tell you about my engine;
1993 Ford 351 reverse rotation
Protec ignition, with the 4 coils.
It ran fine last year
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic