Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maximum propeller size

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximum propeller size
    Posted: March-09-2004 at 12:07am
My "66" Wildcat came with 3 props, a 12x12 r.h., a 12x13 r.h., and a 12x15 r.h.. I have recently been given a freebee, a 14x15 r.h.. My center of shaft to bottom of hull distance is 7.875", leaving me only 7/8" clearance,that's approx. 11 percent clearance, well under the 15 percent recommended. Any thoughts on this?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2004 at 1:34am
I guess you don't have any paperwork showing what was original. Have you tried contacting Jeff Warner or anyone at CC to see if they can tell you what was original? I would have guessed a boat of that size would have a 13x something but I certainly don't know the particulars. I'd want to use the wheel that allowed the 318 to turn somewhere around 4400.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2004 at 3:12am
I've run a 13X13 and a 14X11 on my 66 Barracuda. They're performance is about equal with the 14X11 giving a little extra out of the hole. I contacted California correct craft and they told me a 13X13 was original. The only thing I notice witrh the 14X11 is it cavitates more readily and you can hear the bubbles through the hull (The foam has all been removed)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic