NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1976 CC Ski Tique Trailor Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1976 CC Ski Tique Trailor Question
    Posted: July-24-2005 at 9:29pm
Once on land throw a regular ratchet strap accross the back to hold it down this will give you some piece of mind for the trip- though I trailer mine from pittsburgh to sommersville lake WV a few hours with no strap- not saying its a good idea but its been done.
1979 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2005 at 8:16pm
Ok

Safety chain.If you look in this pic it is bolted to one of the upright bolts and then a hook on the other end goes thru the loop on the front of your boat.If the boat does not run you will need to get the trailer pretty deep to get all the way on manually.You can take a simple ratchet strap (nylon band with a device to tighten it)with hooks on both ends and draw the boat onto the trailer that way as well. WARNING !!!! If you do it like this leave some slack in the strap when you pull out of the water as the back end of the boat drops.If you do not leave slack you could pull the eylet off the front of your boat.

I would also go down to your local marine dealer and get a strap for the rear of the boat.This will hold the back down for the long trip.Better safe than sorry.
John Parker View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2005 at 6:19pm

Terry,

Thanks for the reply. Not able to drive Tique on trailor so tell me more about the safety chain. Where is it attached to the trailor and boat for that matter.

Thanks,

John Parker
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2005 at 5:12pm
I drive my 79 right up onto the trailer.Be very gentle when doing this.Then i put the safety chain in place,Have a friend who knows how to drive get into the truck (car) while you give the boat some throttle.This will do 2 things.1)push the tow vehicle from the water easier,2)make sure the boat is all the way forward on the trailer.Have them slowly pull the boat out of the water.When you feel the prop start to wash simply turn the key off and you are done.Sounds a little hard but it is very easy.It took my wife who is scared of the Yukon only one try.The safety chain is kind of a guarantee the boat stays on the trailer.We now do not even use the safety chain when doing this but get the boat out and secure it on dry land.This speeds up removal and keeps the landing moving a little faster.Hope this helps.

Might want to do a general checkover on the trailer like bearings,lights,tires and tounge just to make sure all is ok first.

Good luck with the trip.

Terry.
John Parker View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2005 at 4:52pm

I have a 1976 Correct Craft Ski Tique that I need to pull out of the water for the first time. I have the original trailor that came with it, but the trailor has no crank/winch in the front, and instead, the Tique sits on the trailor and is balanced by the weight in the middle. Help me with any suggestions with using this trailor. I need to tow about 100 miles so I need to make sure it is safe.

Do I need to use additonal strapping?

Thanks,

JBP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic