Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Compression Test Results

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
'72 mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '72 mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compression Test Results
    Posted: July-20-2005 at 2:02pm
I did a compression test on my PCM 351 and the results are as follows:
1=118     
2=125
3=130
4=140
5=82
6=58
7=125
8=138
I drained the oil and there was a coulple tablespoons (approximately) of water that came out when I first pulled the drain plug. Any help on a diagnosis would be appreciated. Thanks.
72 CC mustang
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2005 at 2:36pm
My vote is for a blown head gasket on the port side between 5 & 6.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
'72 mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '72 mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2005 at 3:00pm
If I'm pulling the top end apart should I go ahead and do both sides? What about the heads, should I take them in to a shop and have them checked out? What is the approximate cost for resurfacing etc.?
72 CC mustang
Siveck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siveck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2005 at 3:45pm
I would go ahead and pull both heads and have them cleaned up and have new valve springs and seals replaced. The cost for both of mine was like $300. Have them make sure that the heads are flat so that the gasket won't blow again. You'll likely spend $100 for the new gaskets as well. I use Felpro marine gaskets. I couldn't find marine valve cover gaskets, so I used the rubber automotive style.
1975 Ski Nautique
"Small Letter Boat"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic