NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wakeskate lever years

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
abareskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abareskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wakeskate lever years
    Posted: February-04-2011 at 5:06am
Which years and why did correct craft stop putting on the lever by the throttle which lowered a plate on the transom to create a good trick wake?

Thanks,
Tim
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 1:46am
I believe what you are referring to came out in 2005 and now with the 200 model may be gone. Trick/////////Slalom wake countrol
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abareskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 6:05am
Thanks, I since have remembered it is the hydrogate. They stopped putting them on the recent models?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 9:16am
2006 was the first year of the Hydrogate. Certain Prior years had available trick tanks which held about 200lbs of water ballast.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 2:27pm
I just saw a 200 this last weekend, it still had it on there.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 3:56pm
I know that the 2009's had them. The Orange Crush has a Hydrogate. I saw a 2011 - 200 Model at the Boat Show one Saturday and it had a Hydrogate on the boat.

Donald
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 4:11pm
The hydrogate is designed to recreate the "lip" or "hook" on the back of the keel, forcing up the stern. This lip is present on the early 2000 hulls until the hydrogate. So..... a hydrogate helps a 196/206 get a better slalom wake (flatter)..... on earlier boats without a hydrogate, they already have the gate "built into the hull". Therefore, there is no reason for it..........

On the newer 200 series Skis and Sports which also don't have the lip in the keel, it's function is to clean up the wake for better slalom cross-over wakes. Without the hydrogate down and in use, the wake will be rampy-er, better for tricking, surfing, etc.....
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 4:18pm
Sooo........The Hydrogate, per se, doesn't help a trick wake be rampy-er on a 196 or 206. But, the boats with a hydrogate do not have the hook in the stern keel to lift the stern and flatten the wake. The hull of the boats with the hydrogate are designed to make rampy-er wakes.

The hydrogate when fully engaged returns the hull to it's original flatter wake condition..... which is opposite than other boat manufacturers' whale fin which digs in the stern to create a bigger wake. It actually is a fancy trim tab which elevates the stern for a flatter wake.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 4:35pm
BTW - Check out brochures in Reference sections- they refer to it being an option in 2006 and standard in 2007 on 196/206 models..... the SV211 coss-overs had them as standard since 2006..........
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abareskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 7:31pm
Thanks everyone. If any one barefoots also,
1. Does the gate help with the turbulence?
2. And before the hydrogate years, which hull,year has the best barefoot wake?
I slalom, trick and barefoot. I have considered a sanger dxii, some friends are competitors but those boats handle badly and obviously not built as well.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abareskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 7:36pm
Has anyone installed a hydrogate on a ski nautique or a barefoot plate?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 8:30pm
There is no advantage to adding a Correct Craft Hydrogate to boats that didn't have them as an option. It doesn't help flatten the wake any more than what the already "hooked" keel transom lip does. If you extend on below that point, you introduce turbulence into the wake and make the boat handle poorly..... I found that out trying to install a Fresh Air Exhaust on my 2004 206 (hooked keel, no hydrogate). It acted like a dragging obstacle rather than having no effect in the prop wash like designed.

At Footing speeds, in all DD Nautiques and the 91-94 Excels and BFNs (V-drives), the wakes are fine for footing. The V-Drives have a higher, flatter table and more "defined" edges.... Tougher for skiing but great for entry wakeboarding, entry tricks and barefooting. (I am biased towards the 91-94 V-Drives).... but they stink for skiing!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 8:41pm
There was a discussion on PN about the Scarpa Plate.... Search Scarpa Plate..... I think it got off track but it basically was that a hooked hull doesn't benefit from a fancy "Trim tab" - which is the Scarpa Plate. Also the plate is designed to work on BU's..... so it bolts to the BU's wedge.... you would need some engineering help to attach it to a CC transom. See Scarpa Plate Below..............

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 10:31pm

No question, if you really like footin' the DXII is the way to go. I thought my '98 SN had a tolerable table for footing and have not yet come to a conclusion using the hydogate on the '09 SN 206.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic