NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble Unloading Boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiLew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiLew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble Unloading Boat
    Posted: July-12-2005 at 12:26pm
I do not have a factory CC trailer but it is a drive on trailer for an IB type boat.

The boat trailers great. But when I unhook the winch strap from the bow eye when unloading the boat, the bow drops down and rubs over the winch stand roller bow stop. At one point it rubbed so hard that it pulled the rub rail off at the bow.

I have tried floating the boat off with the trailer deeper in the water but this does not help.

Do I need to have the trailer modified to take care of this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 2:06pm
SkiLew,

Common problem, particularly on Mastecrafts
with the mastercraft trailer.

Putting the boat in deeper actually makes
this particular problem worse. Not only does the back of the boat drop down into the water, but also the center drop down, thereby pushing the nose down against the trailer.

A few solutions. 1) Back the boat in deep, but lift the nose off manually and push the boat out before powering away. 2) Back the boat in less deep and power the boat off of the bunks. 3) Look for a launch ramp that is less steep so that the front half of the boat maintains contact with the bunks until after the nose is past the trailer. 4) modify the trailer.

Hope this helps.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

SkiLew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiLew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 8:08pm
I think that I may have been backing my boat too deep so I will try to not back it as deep and power it off.

Thanks for the info.

SkiLew
Dabblin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2005 at 6:19am
Try increasing the drop of the reciever. If the trailer deck/bunk angle is to steep, that is, high at the front, any lifting at the stern of the boat as it starts to float will drive the nose of the boat into the front of the trailer. Lowering the tongue of the trailer should give you more clearence. Recievers of differing drops are available at most Uhaul Hitch dealers, Tractor Supply etc. Just a thought.
87 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic