Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
882001SN View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet Replacement
    Posted: July-12-2005 at 12:01pm
Hi all,

I am putting in new carpet in my 88 and have run into a problem? It seems that the carpet is sewn into the motor box skin? Is this correct? Please let me know if anyone has done this type of work before.. This is the last part of my project and I would like to avoid any mistakes.

Thanks

mike
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 10:53pm
Not sure what you mean. Is ther a band of carpet about 3" high on the motor cover?
Bhedbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bhedbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 10:56pm
Mike,

Never seen anything like that before. Assuming the carpet is sewn on the inside of motor the box, Could you cut the carpet close enough not to notice it from the outside of the box and then re-carpet? Just a thought.
Barry, South Carolina
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2005 at 12:50am
Mike , My 1988 2001 SN does have the carpet sewn into the base of the motor box upholstery , this is factory , My boat is all original with 560 hours on it .
Mike T
882001SN View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2005 at 10:44am
Thanks for the replies,

I think I am confusing everyone... What I mean is the carpet band that goes around the bottom of the engine cover it appears to be sewn into the upholstry where the two connect and I was wanting to know if that is right because if it is I will need to send the cover off the the upholstry shop.

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic