Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Ski Tique performance questions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jimbodawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbodawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 Ski Tique performance questions
    Posted: July-08-2005 at 8:34am
Hey folks,

I own a 79 Ski Tique with a 4 barrell 302 in it. The boat runs like a champ. Pulls quick and tops out at ~ 46 mph.

A few questions:

1. Top speed is ~ 46 mph running at about 4k rpm. Redline is marked on my tach as 4.5k rpm. Is there a danger of blowing the motor if the boat is run up to the 4k rpm mark? Is there device on the boat that retards ignition at 4k rpm???

2. I'm running a 3 blade prop right now. I assume it is the original prop??? I'm not sure what the pitch is. What are your thoughts on the 4 blade prop? Does it add to the low end quickness of the boat? Will this take away from the top end speed? How does the 4 blade impact engine speed/rpms???

Thanks!

Jimbodawg
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2005 at 10:51am
You won't damage the engine by running at 4k rpm, but if you have an owners manual it says to only run at WOT intermittently (a few minutes at a time). Max. rpm for continuous cruise is something like 3600 or 3800rpm.

The traditional answer for 3-blade vs. 4-blade is that a 4-blade will give you a better hole shot but will take away slightly at top speed. A good new 4-blade will give you the hole shot and there will hardly be a difference in top speed. In contrast I've heard many say the new Acme 3-blades are as good as a 4-blade.
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2005 at 3:31am
My 3 blade prop has the pitch and diameter stamped into it. 13X13 RH, maybe yours does, too.
Bob Ed
83 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic