NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New goodies!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New goodies!
    Posted: July-04-2005 at 7:54pm
Last week I put a few new goodies on my 86 and thought I would share the results.

I put in a new coil, electronic ignition, new cap, rotor, 8MM plug wires, plugs, and an Acme 542 prop.

Tried the boat and it felt about as good as a fresh oil change and wax job on your car.

Highly recommend to everyone with an old school nautique.
Brian
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2005 at 4:40am
Can you describe more?
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2005 at 11:43pm
I don't know if I can quantify any real perfomance improvments other that it just feels better.

I can tell you that the boat seem much smoother at all speeds. My previous prop was the original that had been rebuilt 2 times.

The engine appeared to run smoother as well due to the addition of the electronic upgrade and new coil, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor.

Wish I could come up with a better description than it just feels better!
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic