Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raw water pump problem

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bob Thompson View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raw water pump problem
    Posted: July-04-2005 at 1:31pm
Raw water pump problem. Hello all I have a 2003 Air 216 (PCM 330 HP 5.7 Excalibur) engine. The problem I am having is that I believe I am wearing out my impeller very quickly but do not know why ? When running the engine at wake board/waterskiing speeds it keeps within spec at 158 and 162 F but when I run at very low RPM or idle the temp increases to 190 and then warns me the engine is hot ! Mind you, I am operating my boat in a bay that has a lot of weed growth, but I am staying clear of them. I clear the screen before each run. Every time I replace the impeller (it is never looks worn out) things go along ok for about 15 to 20 hours then I have the problem again !! Any suggestions, I have heard that the 2005 models may have a different raw water cooling system ?? Any suggestions that I could receive that would correct this problem would be appreciated. Bob Thompson (North Shore of Lake Erie)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2005 at 6:36pm
Bob, could it be a thermostat problem? I'd check and double check to make sure there aren't any obstructions down stream from the inlet screen. Might want to check planetnautique.com for some answers as the folks on that site are mostly newer model nautique owners.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic