Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Driveshaft/Engine alignment

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TJDelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJDelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driveshaft/Engine alignment
    Posted: June-29-2005 at 6:24pm
Greetings all,

This is my first venture into this website...

I broke a drive shaft last Sunday (Not from grounding) and am expecting to receive a new ARE shaft from DIM today as well as a strut bushing and shaft seal. I spend some time looking through the posted topics and found some good stuff...but.

My specific question is, does anyone have a simple (or hard) step-by-step procedure for aligning the drive shaft to the engine/transmission? Any things to look out for and avoid. I did see a reference to other posting with this topic but all the attachments were deleted that I found.

1989 Nautique 1.23:1 transmission.

Thanks,

Tim
TJDelp
guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2005 at 3:18am
Look in the reference manual section. I believe one of the pdf files has directions on aligning the motor. Be glad it isn't a v-drive. Those are a huge pain to align. Just get the right size feeler guage and loosen the mounts on the tranny. Make sure the tranny coupler is clean. Use emery cloth to sand any rust off, so you don't get false measurements. When you do get it aligned tighten everything down gradually and a little at a time or the alignment will be thrown off. After everything is tightened, recheck it before bolting the coupler back together.

It may take some time, or you may get lucky and it may not take long at all.
TJDelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJDelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2005 at 11:01am
Thanks for the ideas. Still working some small issues...it so far the engine/trans seems to be sitting way to high in the boat. But, I am getting closer.

T
TJDelp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic