Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 SN Engine Starter Problem

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cinekw View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinekw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 SN Engine Starter Problem
    Posted: June-29-2005 at 4:15pm
My starter get's stuck and it keeps turning over the engine even with the ignition key in OFF position. Looked like the starter relay was stuck so I got a new one and still the same issue, I can get it un-stuck by hitting it few times.

What is the problem
TPR471 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPR471 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2005 at 10:20pm
I had the same problem with my 82 SN. Check the ground. Thats what fxed my problem. You probably need to replace the relay also. My understanding is that once they stick they will be prone to do it again.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2005 at 12:00am
Be sure you are using a "starting" battery NOT a deep cycle battery. If you are using a battery with low CCA's it can cause this problem. ...also, if your battery is weak.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
bigeasynauti View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigeasynauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2005 at 8:52pm
having the same problem with 1985 sn2001 351 pcm.had starter pulled down and checked out by my uncle (35years experience) it is in excellent condition.pulled the ground wire from battery to block no problems.replaced 580 CCA battery with 875 CCA battery.new solenoid from skidim.same problem.will replace solenoid tommorrow with heavy duty auto model in hopes of getting some pulls in on 4th of july.could this be an ignition switch problem?
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2005 at 2:30am
I had the same problem last year and cured it with a new solenoid from NAPA.
Bob Ed
83 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic