NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tip on Flushing Engine

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tip on Flushing Engine
    Posted: June-14-2005 at 1:33am
Well I have struggled with a convenient way to connect a water hose to my CC ever since I owned the boat. I tried the fake-a-lake and it worked ok until I bought a new trailer - my new trailer is wide and low and I just can't crawl under it to reach the water intake. I have been inserting the water hose directly into the intake hose but regulating water flow has been tideous. I decided to use a bucket (a small trash can actually), fill the bucket with my water hose and run a long hose from my engine water intake hose to the bucket but that hose would collapse. I stumbled across a method that works great for me maybe it help some of you: I install the boat drain plug and I let my water hose run right into my bilge. I disconnect the engine water intake hose from the water strainer and let it lay on the bilge floor. When the water reaches the top of the intake hose (about 1-1/2" deep) I fire up the engine and the engine pumps the water out of the bilge. It is very easy to regulate. It works well for me and it is very easy. I can run my engine for long periods without any water starvation problems. (And my bilge gets cleaned.) BTW, the way the strainer mounts if my bilge gets too full the strainer acts like an overflow and water runs out the strainer. Bonus!
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic