NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$600 Nightmare!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $600 Nightmare!
    Posted: July-19-2010 at 3:00pm
"We'll have to pass this bill to see what's in it"

So buried somewhere in 2400 pages of the healthcare bill...

From CNN: The 1099 changes attached to the health care reform bill are another kettle of fish. These massively expand the requirements for filing the "1099-Misc" form, which companies use for recording payments to freelance workers and other individual service providers. Until now, payments to corporations have been exempt from 1099 rules, as have payments for the purchase of goods.

Starting in 2012, that changes. All business payments or purchases that exceed $600 in a calendar year will need to be accompanied by a 1099 filing. That means obtaining the taxpayer ID number of the individual or corporation you're making the payment to -- even if it's a giant retailer like Staples or Best Buy -- at the time of the transaction, or else facing IRS penalties.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 9:42am
cash is still king
"the things you own will start to own you"
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 8:04pm
I will have to keep that in mind for 2011/2012 winter plowing season. Please tell me fuel will be exempt from this. YOu how many gas stations I will have to 1099.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 2:21am
You might want to start using many different gas stations.   This is a set up for the VAT tax, these clowns have been planning all this stuff for a long time and they realize they are running out of time to get it done (I hope). It's getting put into these bills that nobody reads and they figure out what is in them later. There is no telling what other things they have half way set up so they can come back to them and finish us off at a later date.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 4:08am
Hey be happy,

Mrs Horse lips and the "Magnificent" himself our taking another trip. Be thankful, its on the tax payers money. More taxes, more taxes, to come up with so the demo's dont have to pay there's...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 10:40am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

cash is still king

I don't do any cash transactions in my business, but I'm am starting to do it more often in my personal life. These bastards are finding ways to tax the life out of small businesses, and in the process, make it as difficult as possible to do business (paperwork up the arss). I just had a new engine put in one of my SeaDoos. I like the guy who did the work, so I paid cash. I know someone will pipe up and say everyone has to pay their fair share, but what is a "fair share"?
I think an interesting way to revolt would be to pay cash whenever possible. We could be like the ice cream stand in my town; take cash, and write everything down on a scratch pad.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 10:42am
BTW

Eric, if I do send you one of my drop box transmissions from one of my fork lifts, I'll have to write a check, and 1099 ya.
Unless it's under $600.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 6:33pm
Greg, You'll be happy to know this bill has been repealed.

Wonder what that cost us to pass a bill and then repeal it before it's even enacted, more useless waste of time and money. Un-Freakin believable AHHHHHHHHH.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 9:57am
i had my ghost invoice ready for a guy yesterday, that is until he pulled and peeled out the white envelope...to the shredder!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Wonder what that cost us to pass a bill and then repeal it before it's even enacted, more useless waste of time and money. Un-Freakin believable AHHHHHHHHH.

Ain't that the truth. Seems like the old rectal-cranial inversion is the norm inside the beltway.

Here's just one example...the big, bad oil companies are able to make nice profits on their work, while at the same time, our gov't makes more on a gallon of gas than they do for doing nothing, and they still can't stay in the black.

Most every revolution in history started the same way.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:09am
those who invest in crude stock are happy, 401's IRA's???
tell you what, im buying a cache of silver, locking it in a safe
thats how you make money. make a point to buy 1 ounce of silver a week and stash it, better than a savings account....I only tell my best friends this
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:10am
I'm glad they killed it. Seemed way too impractical to get W-4s from everyone from Staples to NAPA. Who sponsored it?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:11am
if you can afford gold, then buy gold...dont fcn sell it to these idiots on TV
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:13am

those who invest in crude stock are happy, 401's IRA's???
tell you what, im buying a cache of silver, locking it in a safe
thats how you make money. make a point to buy 1 ounce of silver a week and stash it, better than a savings account....I only tell my best friends this

I got to hope buying silver at $40 to $50 an oz isn't a good long term investment.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:16am
they are buying it for a reason, i really think in 10 years gold will hit 5k an ounce, its at the 1500 mark now, and dont listen to your fianancial advisor, his work is based on commission
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:17am
the fck it aint, i was told many years ago that buying a house will be one of the best investments in life...how wrong that is.

allota silver in those electric cars
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:24am
Eric, no matter what it is, if it goes up fast, it's likely to come down fast when the bubble bursts. I don't know if it's a good investment or not. I think if it stays high, it's a sign of a lousy economy in the future. Housing was a great investment until it started appreciating 10% to 20% per year for about 5 years straight. At least you can live in a house. Seems the only good investments I've ever made were in myself.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:34am
your right about that, you said the key word "was" i wish i wouldve dumped 15 years of house payments into ounces. fck you can barely get 2 percent at the bank.
The housing market depreciated a helluva alot faster than it appreciated
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 10:55am
But where would you have lived and kept your silver? Our market has leveled off with 5% and lower mortgage rates. I can guess what's going to happen if rates start to rise, and I'm receiving a lot of emails saying there's a huge glut of foreclosers in the pipeline that we've haven't seen yet, so housing is still very risky from an investment standpoint. Maybe gold, silver and cash in the mattress is the way to go. Or old Correct Crafts.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 11:27am
rented, safety deposit box
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 12:33pm

rented, safety deposit box

All fine and dandy unless something happened to you and correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Gov get their cut of the contents of the safety deposit bow if it were over a certain amount. Wouldn't the Death Tax fall into place here?

Your survivors would get screwed and have to pay taxes on the worth on the gold and silver you had in there.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2011 at 5:45pm
so you sqaunder all your life and worry about the taxes someone is going to pay on the money they didnt earn? coins at face value? a dollar is a dollar whether its silver or not..its in a safe and not at the bank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic