Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 part throttle surge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chris View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40 part throttle surge
    Posted: June-12-2005 at 2:27am
The GT40 engine on my 96 SN has a problem I can't seem to nail down. It idles fine and runs great at WOT but from 1200 to 1800 rpm the engine surges and the rpms fluctuate by about 200-300. I've ruled out vacuum leak and misfire. I was wondering if thats an IAC motor bolted to the side of the throttle body and if so could the Intake Air Control motor could be causing this or perhaps a bad fuel pressure regulator? Is there any way to test the IAC motor? I have'nt checked fuel pressure readings because it runs fine at WOT and seems more like an airflow problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2005 at 11:05pm
You have to t5he same way to test if it was off a Ford truck with the windsor motor and fuel injection. Do you have Perfect Pass on your boat?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic