Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paint on a 1970 barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jeff elliff View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff elliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paint on a 1970 barracuda
    Posted: June-06-2005 at 1:30pm
im in the process of restoring my 1970 barracuda and was wondering if anyone knew the steps for painting the boat i just need the top painted. looked into having it regell coated and wow not willing to spend that.Need to kknow the process and the type of paint to use
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2005 at 1:42pm
Search for posts from "David F", he's the man when it comes to restoring fiberglass.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2005 at 3:30pm
Before you do any sanding, you should degrease the top, especially where people have walked on top, because armour-all etc. vinyl treatment will ruin (fish eye) a paint job. (step on seat cushion, then on top of boat) Ask for prep wash at the auto paint supplier.
Tim D
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2005 at 5:32pm
i sprayed "IMRON" on peterbuilt's and kenworth's for many years.i love it !
the 68 barracuda sports a beautiful new white imron finish.this paint wont fade,not in my lifetime.not if u do it correctly.
they say alwgrip[sp]is very good,but i have no experence with this product.do some website research,check with some local body shops.find someone with experence in imron and ask there opinion of it.be warned.you've got to know what your doing with imron,it can be deadly without proper respirator equipment.
kenny g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic