NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another prop question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another prop question
    Posted: June-17-2010 at 3:31am
I stoped at my local PropMD to check for a used acme, my boat is a 87 skinautique with a stock 351 ford/PCM. I currently have an old school 13x13 super cup manufactured by michigan I believe. I get 43 mph on GPS at 4100 RPM on the guage. I believe this is close to WOT but I dont push it to full much. Boat is primarily for wakeboarding with about 500 lbs ballast. I was looking for a three blade but the only thing they came up with was a dinged up acme 4 blade 13x11.5. Said he would repair it and sell for $225. Price seems good but I am wondering how the boat would perform. I assume it would give me incredible low end, but what would I loose on top? would this be an improvement over the current prop and a good bargain? or should I wait for a three blade?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 3:56am
I will have to double check the 11.5, cannot see that pitch is made, wonder if it is a 12.5? it is right hand and for a 1" shaft.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

YooperSully View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YooperSully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 9:50am
For another 125$ you can get a brand new Acme "anything" from Delta w/the correctcraftfan discount. Then you won't be wondering if you have a good prop you'll know you do!
87' 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 11:11am
Originally posted by YooperSully YooperSully wrote:

For another 125$ you can get a brand new Acme "anything" from Delta w/the correctcraftfan discount. Then you won't be wondering if you have a good prop you'll know you do!

I dont really have the money for this, plus with delta I would have to purchase a puller to install bringing the new price to double of the used one, my local guy will remove/install on the boat no charge. I know at some point myself or my seventeen year old will beat up our current prop. I dont want to end up in a position where ours is unrepairable, and no used props can be found and our season is ended. I would probably buy the damage one for 135 and spend the 90 to repair it when I have it or the old one becomes unusable. What I would like to know is would I be happy with this one on my boat, or should I keep looking.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic