Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super Sport battery and hatch??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WhiteLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sport battery and hatch??
    Posted: May-31-2010 at 1:46pm
Working on a 2000 75th anniversary super sport today.

Is the hatch electric release? Is there a manual release?

Battery is dead, where is the battery on these boats?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 1:57pm
Battery is under the hatch    There is a big hydraulic arm which lifts the hatch. I do not have this model boat, but have read several times that it can be released manually. Wakeslayer has one of these models and should know how to do it. If you are in a big hurry, I know this question has been asked and answered several times on planetnautique.com.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 2:04pm
You know, I was starting to think it has to be under there. Typical! Well, I guess correct craft isn't immune from funny designs like the other manufacturers.

I'll head over to planet nautique, thanks for the help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 2:08pm
Actually, planet nautique site is down. I suppose nobody at the 2001 nautique site would know?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 2:10pm
Planetnautique doesn't seem to be working right now. I don't want to give you bad advice. I'm pretty sure that you have to lift the back seat out.

However, I don't know if the back seat just lifts out, or if there are screws. My boat is a 2001 with the triple hatch, so 1) this is not an issue, and 2) by 2001, they had knob screws hold the back seat in which can only be accessed through the back storage area.

Once the seat is out, then I am told there is a pin you can pull on the hudraulic, ram which should be on the right/starboard side of the boat, and lift the hatch. Otherwise, the battery should be located on the left/port side of the boat, and you should be able to put a battery charger on it, and lift the hatch electrically.

If the back seat lift out with no screws, it should come up pretty easily. You won't have to yank on it. There are a couple of carpeted soft panels between the seat and the storage area, they just pull out.

Again, I don't want to tell you to just yank the seat out and come to find out it is screwed in.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 2:30pm
Alright, got to the battery. Which buttons lift the hatch? I would guess it would be the two arrows on the keypad, however I get nothing from them.

what is the procedure to have power to the dash? just put in the code?

Anything specific to start it? I put in the code and pressed start, nothing.

All the fuses are alright, and I have the jumper pack connected to the battery.

The stop, start, up/down buttons don't seem to be working. New keypad needed?
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 3:21pm
There is a pin at the top and the bottom of the actuator. Not sure how you run the hatch on the keypad boats. Mine has a toggle switch aft of the throttle that operates it.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 3:40pm
First, I have to assume they don't have a battery isolator. If they do, that is likely under the hatch as well.

Hit "start" enter the code, and hit start again. This should put the power on. There may also be a master power toggle switch on the kick panel. It probably says bildge. If it has that switch, and it is off, the keypad will not operate. Once the keypad has power, there should be an up down arrow on the ignition keypad which runs the hatch.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 3:54pm
At least you got the hatch open.

I was on a Mississippi River trip with a nautique from around that time and the solenoid would pop,, but the mechanism's screws backed out far enough that it would not release the latch. It took me a bit of time with a flat thin piece of metal, and someone pressing the button when I thought I had it lined up properly.

Eventually I got it, and all I had to do to fix it was tighten the screws down on it.

The funny thing was that latch was rattling all weekend and I mentioned that, but I was told it always does that and it doesn't bother anything. Until they wanted to get the wakeboard out of that hatch that last time, I guess it wasn't an issue.

That would have bothered me as soon as it made any rattles, and I would have never had that issue if the boat was mine.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic