Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop direction

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
oldmustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prop direction
    Posted: April-27-2010 at 7:19pm
i am new with this boat i have a 74 mustang with a 302 that turns counterclockwise,trying to figure out if prop is LH or RH so if standing behind boat which way will prop turn if LH
sorry to sound dumb
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 7:35pm
counterclockwise vs clockwise is obviously a function of the point of view of the observer. The convention is:

looking at the engine/boat from the rear, if the pullies turn clockwise the engine is righthand or "reverse" rotation. The other direction is left hand or "standard" (like a car). Your boat, if stock, turns right and the prop looks like this:

and a left hand prop looks like this.

Not dumb at all. Welcome to CCF.
oldmustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 7:46pm
thank u that will help now i have to find a prop
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2010 at 5:24pm
I believe the stock prop on your boat was a Federal 12 x 14. Here is one on ebay.

Others may chime in on respectable if not better substitutes.

Do you not have one at all, or just one that's beat up. If its not too bad, it can be re-done pretty cost effectively.
Tommy Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 7:44pm
Thanks for asking the "dumb" question! I've been wondering that since I purchased mine in the Fall. Thanks for the answer too!!!
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2010 at 11:41pm
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic