NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Health care

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

In my opinion, America offers the opportunity for generations to move forward leaps and bounds over the previous generation. But this only works if the previous generation is content with their own lives, and only if we set an expectation with our kids that they will do better than we do. That's not on the government. That is on every parent of every child. If instead of worrying about their kids, they are instead worried about jewelry, flashy cars, expensive boats, houses that are bigger than they need, etc. then there is a good chance the kids end up in the same spot as the parents

BKH

Unfortunately, all kids don't have the benefit of good parents. I don't know if your kids are in public schools, but mine are. Teachers in ours schools will tell you one common denominator for kids that do well is 2 parents that are involved in their kids lives and (obviously) want them to do better than they did. George Will wrote an excellent column regarding the topic last week.

As far as people that live above their means, we live in a consumer society and we are constantly hammered on to go out and spend money. Combine that with easy financing and that's what we get. My parents bought everything with cash and wouldn't think of borrowing money to buy a car or boat or TV or whatever. That's why back in the 50's and 60's only wealthy people had Correct Crafts and Centurys and nice cars. Fortunately where I live, people tend to not be flashy and do live within their means, compared to other parts of the country.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 8:46pm
I won't argue that two solid parents in a happy relationship is the best scenario. On the other hand, if I recall, Obama and Clinton were both raised by just their mothers. They seem to have done better than the previous generation. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 8:52pm
There's alway exceptions. I am one as well.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 8:56pm
I recall you saying your dad passed away when you were young.
You lived the scenario, I did not. Still I feel that these aren't exceptions. I feel there are people that look at a tough situation and accept failure, refuse to try, or blame other people, and there are those who do something about it. You were apparently in the latter category. I think there are way too many people today in the former category. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 9:16pm
I was fortunate that my family carried on as it was supposed to be, even though it wasn't. Unfortunately many people don't realize how good life can be if you put some effort into it. We're a refugee resettlement communittee and have people from all over the world. Some people really get it and within a few years they own businesses and their own homes, and their kids do well in school.

My kids have done better than me at their age. I hope the future turns brighter for them because right now with all the debt this country has taken on, you really got to wonder. My daughter graduates from college this spring and I am worried about her getting a job. I wasn't a few years ago. I wish the government could provide health care for everyone, but I don't see how it can afford to.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 9:29pm
the old man kicked when i was 10, no real role model except for the grandfather, but my memories of him probably made me a better parent, i may be loose with the tounge and free spirited, but when it comes to my kids, they run the straight and narrow line, very polite, and a good vocabulary. and i make sure of that, moreso than the wife. dont get me wrong they do get a crack on the ass once in a while when i mean business and its not crossing the line into whats refered to as child abuse. even a different tone of voice straightens them right out
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 9:37pm
Eric, like my kids, I'm sure they get it from their mother.

My wife's a teacher. When the kids were little, it used to drive her crazy after we'd watch a Pinker Panther movie and we'd say ka nife, minkey, ga nome.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 9:42pm
Eric you edited after I posted. Maybe not your kids, but my kids get it from their mother. First words Reid Pinkham said to me the first time I met him, "man your wife must be good looking, those kids are handsome".
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 11:59am
Phil, someone snuck down Eli Lilly's roof and swiped 75 MILLION, not 75 thousand or 750 thousand, and took pharmacuticals..more on the stimulant side...valium, xanax things to that nature. nice score i would say, beats robbing a armored car.
one thing i think that helped with my kids are that they stay home with my wife and were instilled with here values..my values, well, i think you can tell by my posts, but im the enforcer because my wife is a pushover, there not perfect but i do notice they are very polite, and the daughter gets excellent grades and is gifted in sports, very natural which i know is from the wifes side.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 9:44am
So, Pelosi told us to pass the bill so we could find out what was in it. What do yall think so far? And Waxman is calling those companies I mentioned before to the principal's office? Man I used to hate going there. It was almost always for discipline...I wonder if that's the case here?

Citizen to subject...damn if I didn't miss that holiday?!!?

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 10:00am
Greg, i thought you'd be all over this thread from the beginning, what are your thoughts on immigration re-form...let it roll, or wait?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 10:12am
Gotta answer my question first!

Why did the census have 2 'race' questions?
1988 BFN-sold

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 1:27pm
NO Immigrations allowed!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Around here I find the people with old money are often a lot nicer than the people with new money.

You got that right..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 1:31pm
Obama- The Anti Christ...
Nancy Peloski- The Wicked Bithc from Hell..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 5:35pm
Some of the Democrats need to listen to this song.. This is what it is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n552gP9X40
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

NO Immigrations allowed!

Djeez Lee... I was considering moving to Florida...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

NO Immigrations allowed!

Djeez Lee... I was considering moving to Florida...

Well come on.. Will be waiting 4 ya..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 5:35pm

NO Immigrations allowed!

I think you are confusing immigrants with illegal aliens. At least I hope you are..
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

NO Immigrations allowed!

I think you are confusing immigrants with illegal aliens. At least I hope you are..

Yes I did.. Excuse me..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 7:05pm
who is going to pick the beans? or run landscaping crews?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 7:10pm
I know white people are not.. We need some, but somebody got the flood gates open, but it isnt in Texas..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

who is going to pick the beans? or run landscaping crews?

If they were to cut some of the entitlement welfare type programs, some of the "neversweats" might have to earn a living.

Something I think would help the federal medical expense would be to enact a small co-pay on medicaid. If the folks on medicaid had to pony up a $10.00 or $20.00 copay for a visit to the dr or ER they might use a little common sense before running to the ER for a band aid.
86 Martinique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 11:43pm
thats one of the biggest costs for ER's, people go in with the sniffles, now when you cut your arm off you go to the ER,
the flu and colds will run thier course and will strengthen the bodies immune system,
education is key, or call me and I'll whip up some chicken soup and tell you to stay in bed for a couple of days.
I dont understand why people go to the ER with the flu?????
there is no cure for a cold or the flu, its the body flushing itself. pretty much common sense
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

thats one of the biggest costs for ER's, people go in with the sniffles, now when you cut your arm off you go to the ER,
the flu and colds will run thier course and will strengthen the bodies immune system,
education is key, or call me and I'll whip up some chicken soup and tell you to stay in bed for a couple of days.
I dont understand why people go to the ER with the flu?????
there is no cure for a cold or the flu, its the body flushing itself. pretty much common sense

We've all become real softies Eric
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 7:55pm
Hey Eric,
That why your wonderful President trying to act "cool" with this east coast drilling. After shooving that shtty health reform bill down our throat, he knows he a gonner.. Cant wait!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 10:48am
Ski, every once in a while, when you need a reality check, go over to the Bush shaking hands thread, really, really, take a good look at that. GOP, RNC, now them boys now how to spend some money.....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 10:59am
Spending money? Hasn't the new guy eclipsed the previous 8 years in only 1?
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 11:23am
Obama spoke yesterday at the Expo,2 miles from my house. The place was packed with 4,500 enthusiastic, practically orgasmic supporters. He loves our progressive city and is thankful for our support. I can't wait to see the next round of stimulas coming our way.

Eric, I think that tape of Bush in Haiti is funny because he's wiping on Clinton's shirt. If you think that proves he's a racist, you've got Bush Derangement Syndrome. How many shakes do you think he made that day and how many times did he do that? Give me a brake. If you look closely, you can see him saying SOB after he shakes the guy's hand and Clinton mutttering B*stard after he realizes what Bush has done. When's the last time you shook a homeless guy's hand?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 4:39pm
Riley..

I found out more stuff on this heatlh care bill. I had no clue, me and my good friend having some "cold ones" last night, and he told me in the bill it has where the goverment can have automatic access to your checking account, and if you have no "Health Insurance", they will peg your account starting 2014, 750 per head..

Goverment is for outside use, not decision making for US citizens here in America..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
  Share Topic