Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my new boat couple ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
fordtech480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordtech480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my new boat couple ?
    Posted: May-15-2005 at 2:30pm
Hello everyone new to the forum. I just bought a 75' nautique. It has not been run in 6 years. I have a couple questions. how do I find out what motor i have i know it's a 351. I need to know rotation of the engine. also does anyone make a coversion kit to electronic ign. i want to get rid of the points. I may go with a msd setup. just wondering. also i am looking for the angle plate that mounts under the carb. if anyone has one or know where to get one it would be a big help. thanks todd
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2005 at 2:49pm
www.vintageperformance.com for the ect ign.
my boat doesnt have the angled plate and it runs great so i dont know if you will gain anything but skidim has them let us know if it helps anything.
fordtech480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordtech480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 4:05am
Thanks maybe i'll try running it with out it first
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 9:14am
Welcome to our little correct craft information hideaway. If you look on past post on this website you find alot of discussion about EI's. I myself postd several discussions about the pertronix type installed on my boat. 882001 gave you a great site to start as that is where I got mine from. Helpful guys and highly recommend them. I know through reading several posts on this siot that the guys at skidim are very helpful too. Let us know if you need help and we all will try to help if we can.Lot of boat knowledge in here and we all learn from past experiences from one another as well as do's and dont's. AGAIN welcome new CC member.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Siveck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siveck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 5:09pm
I would highly reccomend an HEI distributor from performancedistributors.com. It is a bit pricey, but it will save some headaches now and in the future. It has a simple two wire hookup and no need for all that spagetti wiring and ballast resistor. The advance curve seems to be much smoother than with the factory Mallory distributor.   I should have bought this in the beginning instead of wasting my time and money on the original setup. I'm very pleased with the HEI unit.

Your motor is most likely a reverse roation motor. If you are looking at the crank pulley, the reverse rotation motor will spin counterclockwise as it turns (bump the starter to verify if not running yet).
1975 Ski Nautique
"Small Letter Boat"
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2005 at 11:33pm
glen-l.com, the boat kit people is where I picked up the carb wedge...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic