Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spark plug wire looms

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gordonw View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordonw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spark plug wire looms
    Posted: May-08-2005 at 6:17pm
Routing the spark plug wire has always been a problem for my marine engine. A commander 351. This year I ordered a loom set from Century performance on line. I originally planed to mount the wires vertically if I could. I ordered the vertical smoothie set for $26.95. Turns out their was not enough room between the valve cover and the exaust manifold to facilitate the seperator housing for a vertical mount. I did howerver mount the four wire seperator with the housing to the valve cover bolt closest to the distributer(vertical). Then used the other seperators w/ the mounts removed to seperate the rest of the wires. I routed these wires under to exaust manifolds to the plugs. It came out really clean and I was able to reduce the length of the wire by 6-8 inches each. Usng the vertical mounts secured to the valve covers provided stationary support. This in turn lifted the wires off the block as they round the front of the engine. Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic