Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber Trim on Floor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber Trim on Floor
    Posted: May-03-2005 at 11:26am
I need to take the center section of rear flooring out on my '79 SN to replace the steering cable. Currently the carpet is all one piece but I'd like to cut it so the center section of flooring can be taken out easier.

In some boats I've seen some rubber pieces that go in the seam in the carpet between the center section and the rest of the floor. Does anyone know what type of "carpet strip" this is and where I could get it?

Thanks,
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2005 at 12:30pm
My '93 uses standard rubber carpet transition that I have seen at Home Depot in black and gray. This should work perfect for what you are doing. You should glue the strip to the edge of the removable center floor panel. The part of the rubber strip that looks like if should overlap something should overhand the removable panel so when installed, overlaps the adjacent carpet. The carpet on the removable floor section tucks into the rubber strip.

I think CC used a narrower version of this strip back in the old days, but the strip at Home Depot is identical to what is used in my '93 SN.

You should use 3M Weatherstrip adhesive or similiar to glue it down. Make sure you wipe the strip with Acetone prior to glueing so it sticks well.
Shaughn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2005 at 12:47pm
Awhite, I'm absolutely new to this - bought our Ski Tique (think it's an '82) off a fellow expat leaving Brunei. Just got the thing on the trailer (haven't seen it upright before!) and am trying to figure out where everything fits. The centre section of floor aft of the engine cover (actually has the hinges for the engine cover on it) is a big square piece of plywood trimmed in the same carpet with the black rubber strips down each side. I'm tipping somebody has replaced the carpet and hasn't bothered to do this piece separately - just carpeted over the whole lot. I guess carefully find the gap down either side when you cut the carpet. You might be able to see a bit better once the engine cover is out of the boat completely. The black rubber pieces are nothing special, email me and I'll send you a rough drawing of it.
Cheers, Shaughn.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic