NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One thing I hate about this site!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One thing I hate about this site!
    Posted: October-30-2009 at 12:42pm
There is no private message feature!!!

90% of people have their email turned off!

Its tough to get ahold of anybody on this site!!

Tim

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 1:03pm
I thought you were gonna say Ken Spurling.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 1:20pm

Do you not get the hint, only 10% want to......

I have a list of 75 or so names with adresses and phone numbers
Amazing tool ,the telephone, most have an answering machine too...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Do you not get the hint, only 10% want to......

I have a list of 75 or so names with adresses and phone numbers
Amazing tool ,the telephone, most have an answering machine too...

I have your number.....:) But I need to reserve an hour to talk with you

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 1:33pm
do not bother to make the reservation,i have a new feature now. Caller ID, kinda like not posting an E Mail address,I get to decide whom I wish to "speak to"...........
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 1:59pm
I see these kids on phones all the time and just wonder how long before
they have had enough.

Being on the phone at work from 8 to 12 hours on a problem, possibly with at translator, broke me of phone use.
I also learned that with a phone, people will respond quickly and not be completely correct or accurate.
But if using email, they think about what they are typing and actually provide more complete and accurate information. Also, there is a record of the conversation. Hard to say "I did not say that" when you see it in type.

I am an email communicator. Kind of like we do here.... type a note and
await a response.... or not.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 2:02pm
i luv 2 txt.

j/k

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 2:26pm
huh, thought it was going to be:
New contributers that quickly get their itty bity fewwings hurt and have a checkout-line tantrum...
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 3:35pm
Tim,
While you being a long time contributor, you know this intra- communication thing hasn't just all of the sudden come up...
Yeah, it's not the most convenient, but Keith and CCfan.com certainly isn't "Yahoo" or "Hotmail" now are they??

Just build a list like most of us have, or call them out in the forums. You'll find and communicate with them in the end... And yes, I do think sometimes it's funny that someone who contributs so much knowledge etc, doesn't like someone emailing them for more... Oh well...

It's all good..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 3:44pm
I actually agree with Tim on this one. Not sure if its an easy fix, but a PM feature would be nice. Ive gotten several emails that I cant reply to from people with private email addresses. While Id like to help, Im not about to make a special post for every single one of them and try and track them down!

Like many others, Ive got a close group of friends Ive made here that Im always calling or emailing- thats not the issue. There are lots of people I dont know all that well (yet) that I wouldnt mind communicating with a little more easily.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 4:00pm
Tim,
I get your point, why would someone email you through the site that doesn't have a posted return address?? Dumb, no?? I wouldn't track down the dumb ass either.. Don't hate the site though, hate the dumbass that doesn't post his/her information and expect to be communicated with...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Tim,
I get your point, why would someone email you through the site that doesn't have a posted return address??

They probably aren't aware their email is off.

Is off the default setting during registration? If so I can easily see how this is a common issue.

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

"Yahoo" or "Hotmail"

LOL. If we're going back that far, what about AOL?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 4:05pm
I do not hate the site. Its just a faulty feature.

This came up when I tried to give away some drysuits. People wanted more info that I could not post publicly and I would have liked to privately contact them with the details.

Tim

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

i luv 2 txt.

j/k

I was texting back and forth with a bud last week for over an hour when I thought, Gee, if only I could talk to him.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

i luv 2 txt.

j/k

WTF..OMG..Me2!!!...ROFLMFAO

TTYL
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ive gotten several emails that I cant reply to from people with private email addresses.

I've gotten a few as well. I feel bad for about 2 seconds and give it a shrug. I even posted one recently and still didn't hear back. The flip side is I just fixed my location yesterday after Tull brought it up again.   

Also, I just switched over to Windows 7 and can't figure out how to get my address book off of the backup. Now I have to rebuild.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 5:57pm
I don't hate the site, just all the members!
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2009 at 7:46pm
Private message feature would be awesome for this site. How much would it cost to get it added? We could all lay down some Paypal bucks.

Waldo
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2009 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

The flip side is I just fixed my location yesterday after Tull brought it up again.   

Now we're cookin' on gas.

Hey Wood,
Wasn't it Groucho Marxs who said he would never join a club that would allow him as a member?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2009 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Also, I just switched over to Windows 7 and can't figure out how to get my address book off of the backup. Now I have to rebuild.

Greg, does Windows 7 come with an 8-tack adapter, or do you have to get that as an option?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 3:47am
LOL The 8-track uses a USB, but the software is on 5.25 floppys?!!?    

Really, I luv the Win7. It has some good fixes in it and goes back to simple for those of us who didn't grow up with an innate understanding of how to program an 80's VCR. Dr. Spock would like it!

The rest is operator error...didn't make a few files first. I'll dig it out.
1988 BFN-sold

Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 12:12pm
Greg ask Steve the time I texted him. I think he thought aliens were trying to contact him.

Waldo
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 12:30pm
Hey Waldo...
    it was an alien...you live in Ioawa..LOL   btw, that "little"stunt of yours cost me .07 on my phone bill...thanks buddy!

I couldnt even read the message without my glasses,yet alone know how to text back!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Waldo Waldo wrote:

Greg ask Steve the time I texted him. I think he thought aliens were trying to contact him.

So we're thinking he has internet challenges or another serious issue that may need dealing with?     

The only text I know about tends to come in books, so...   
1988 BFN-sold

Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 4:01am
.07 cents. LOL. I think I get charged a quarter.   Ever since I met Chris Mars from here my phone bill has been up 25 bucks a month. I will send you a few more texts. Once I get up to a quarter I will cut you a check.

Waldo
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2009 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Waldo Waldo wrote:

Posted:Yesterday at 1:01am .07 cents.

LOL. I think I get charged a quarter.   Ever since I met Chris Mars from here my phone bill has been up 25 bucks a month. I will send you a few more texts. Once I get up to a quarter I will cut you a check.

Waldo

Ha, I hadn't seen this thread until now!

Waldo...that phone bill won't look like much once we get you into a CC!

What were you doing up so late last night, your wife put you on the couch? Steve knows what thats all about...I'm gonna invest in futons when I get married!
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2009 at 3:22am
I think that night the kids crawled into bed with the wife. I ended up sleeping on the top bunk bed. Not a bad place to sleep. But if you have to take a wiz late at night you better stay low when your crawling down the ladder because the ceiling fan hurts. Trust me.

Waldo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic