Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle Reconstruction

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle Reconstruction
    Posted: May-02-2005 at 1:01am
I have recently restored my '82 2001. I need some help putting the throttle back together. Will I need to adjust throttle and trans cables? Or do I just bolt it back together?

Honestly....it's been a few months since I took it apart, and I can't really remember exactly how it goes back together.

Please help me out! (David F are you out there?)
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 1:43am
Sorry to hijack, but did you get the boat painted?

By the way, I am pretty sure there is no adjustment, and it is pretty straight foward putting it back. However I havent put my back either, waiting for interior to come back.

Thanks
Jason
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 2:49pm
No paint yet, working on a possible "freinds only deal" with a buddy who works at a sign shop.

Whichever is cheapest (paint v. vinyl decal)will win the job.

Back to the topic, so I just bolt it back together and that's it? I just thought their would be some technical details to consider.
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 3:49pm
I dont think there is alot of adjustment you need to do. I had taken mine apart previously when I installed new cables, and I dont remember adjusting it.

What is the ball park on an insiders deal on a vinyl stripe? I dont even have a clue what it would cost? A couple hundred or a thousand??

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 5:58pm
I really cannot help much. I have not taken one apart in 16 years. I would think that it just goes back together and all the adjustment is done at the opposite end of the cables. If you cannot figure out how it goes back together, I will pull mine out and then guide you through reassembly. Probably would be a good idea for me to clean mine up anyway since I am sure it is covered in fiberglass dust at this point.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 7:59pm
Thanks anyway David F...not necessary I'll figure it out, I just figured that you had rebuilt a few throttles in your many projects and could offer me some details.

Jason, I was quoted $425 before realizing that I went to college with the print shop owner's brother. The price then fell to $325.
Paint might still be cheaper.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2005 at 8:51am
On the shifter to to the Morse Controls web site. Find your shifter down load the install & adjustment pages. I just had my '78 Nautique lettered, striped, & numbered for $235.00 installed.
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2005 at 11:45am
No problem. Fortunately the throttle mechanism are rather robust and do not require a lot of attention.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2005 at 12:44pm
Nate, what is the address of the Morse Controls web site?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2005 at 5:21am
I just installed my throttle last night, let me know if you have questions, it is still fresh in my head.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic