NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Word Power?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 9:50am
Thats why i put all the bullsht aside and listen to what the man says, he says what he means and he means what he says unless he's a GD good actor i have a tendency to believe him, I knew when GB was lying, his lips were moving and he twitched and looked to the left alot
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 9:57am
C'mon, our current speaker won't look straight forward and he's not so hot without his 'script'.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:01am
I have the oppurtunity to talk to people everyday in our area from all different walks of life, I talked to a guy yesterday that got laid off 8 months ago and he went onto Cobra insurance which was 650 a month, A law was passed 6 months ago by our fearless leader that dropped it to 250 a month, is that compassion? or is that vote seeking? I dont know. but it seems to solidify what he preaches
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:02am
I know when my kids are lying to me...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:10am
Eric, you've taken it, hook, line and sinker.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:12am
you guys took the WMD hook line and sinker lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:16am
all i know is gas is 2.45 a gallon this morning i can afford to drive to work, does that have something to do with Iraq? lol
I think if we were all locked in a room i would get beat up
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:25am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I have the oppurtunity to talk to people everyday in our area from all different walks of life, I talked to a guy yesterday that got laid off 8 months ago and he went onto Cobra insurance which was 650 a month, A law was passed 6 months ago by our fearless leader that dropped it to 250 a month, is that compassion? or is that vote seeking? I dont know. but it seems to solidify what he preaches

If you like Robin Hood ... you'll love this Obama, but when he starts reaching in your pocket tell me how much you like him!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:28am
Eric, how about if we chain you to a TV and make you watch Fox News?

Or we could fix your radio where it only picks up Boortz?    
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 11:07am
Eric
Nobody here has said our health care system is great. Everyone knows we need changes. (and BTW, migraines are one tough animal to solve.) But this bill is not the way to do it. I found it ironic that you use the word "streamline" in a thread about our government. Isn't the bill being discussed 1100 or 1600 pages? I had knee surgery in March, and my son just had a motorcycle accident, including ambulance ride, this past Saturday. So I see, and will see more, of the costs involved in our health care. A few years back, my son needed a breathing treatment which required us to rent a machine. The company we rented this machine from had the $530 bill made up, until they realized we were paying out of pocket. Magically the cost went down to $105. That's where we need health care repair.
And you say our government is going to fix this? Well, maybe your right. They seem to do a really good job saving the taxpayer's money in regards to military spending.
Again I ask you; what does the goverment do better than the private sector?
BTW, I will say, Obama is a very eloquent speaker with, and even without, a telepromter. So was Clinton. And so was Jim Jones.
Bottoms Up!
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 1:26pm
Eric-
I think you keep confusing health care providers (hospitals/clinics/doctors) with insurance companies. I garantee there is more than one insurance company in Cleveland. There may be one chain of hospitals with clinics around the city, but for sure more than one insurance company. You keep saying that there is a "monopoly" right now with HC. That is simply not true. I could name off at least four large companies off the top of my head. The government is the only one trying to create a monopoly with there whole single payer plan. Again, do not need 1600 pages to open up state lines and create the compitition you are talking about.

We are still waiting for an answer to Tull's question...what gives you such faith in the government? I know I do not plan on SS when I retire. The only thing they can do on a consistent basis is collect taxes, and they suck at that to (hu, hu...Geitner).

But, keep drinking the Kool Aid. Obama said unemployment would not go over 8% if they passed the stimulous plan...that seems to be working .

Another thing, why is it that everytime a "righty" makes a good point, the "lefty" just screems out WAR? Give me a freakin break! Everyone in the house and senate, except one or two, voted for these wars. Lets not forget that. GW did not have the power to just send troops, willy nilly, around the world as he pleases.

And Luch, I respect your opinion, but could not care less what Argentina or any other country thinks of what we are doing to protect ourselves. Until the terrorist fly planes into your buildings with possibly some of your loved ones inside, you can not possibly understand. When that day comes, I am sure you would change your tune and you know who you would probably ask for help? Thats right, the good 'ol USA and we would probably help because we have strong convictions and are willing to stand up for them, not just go along with whatever is popular at the time. Well, at least GW did and I respect him for that. Not so sure about BO.

I say set some term limits for congress, get rid of their cushy private retirment plan, lower the pay, and vote them all out, pubs and dems, in 2010. Lets take this back to what the fore fathers thought it would be and get rid of the career politician.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 2:35pm
Azeus, we had two buildings bombed on the 90's by Iran and Hezbollah, over 200 people died and many other hundreds were injured.

Did you help then? no, ---edited I wrote bulls45t here ---------- Nobody asked the US to be the world police so please dont be so arrogant to think so because you are not. That's an entitlement yourself came with after WWII to feel righty to jump in any international or domestic scenario.
You seek after petrol on middle east now, what I cant stand is that those actions hide behind the freddom/liberty/justice speeches which many pleople truly believe in becoming blind followers of the beast.
And sometimes You dont help the good guys but those who will respond to you after the job is done, or was O.B.L. any better person back then when he fought the Russians with your guns?

Being patriotic is a great quality you have, I think it gives you a sense of unity and force for actions that most nations lack, but it can also raise many shadows. Why is it that faith on your presidency (not talking about the person but the investidure) has suddenly expired when something such as a health care reform is debated and it wasnt with all this middle east invasions lies and looses?
Are your faith and beliefs in your flag or in your wallets?

Eric, it would depend on the beating being done before or after deporting me.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 2:54pm
Luch, I'd be happy if we became isolationists and pulled out all around the world.
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 3:14pm
Now Now Luchog we both know it was over possible oil and gas until you invaded our Islands first.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 4:39pm
they were led to believe Sadaam had WMD, they are no different than you and me they dont get intelligence reports.... Pearl Harbor was cut and dry, that pulled us into war not an excuse thats my point.
kill the fckin bill and wait another 8 years, you defend this tooth and nail...you have to start somewhere and sometime...who the hell you gonna wait on and i really dont think you will see one in 4 years because of the shenanagans...we sure the hell wouldnt be in an uproar if there wasnt a problem
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by azeus17 azeus17 wrote:

I say set some term limits for congress, get rid of their cushy private retirment plan, lower the pay, and vote them all out, pubs and dems, in 2010. Lets take this back to what the fore fathers thought it would be and get rid of the career politician.

Agree, since when is being a politition "till death do us part"?

I say polititions should serve two terms. One in office, one in jail!
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 4:59pm
Roger: Kelpers feel British and that says it all to me. I wrote without a second thought on the matter and I apologize. I edited my previous post.

I believe the damage there was inflicted by our own fact leaders and many wonder if democracy would have been possible at the time have they kept the islands for us.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 5:34pm
First off, no need to get so fired up. Of course this is a passionate subject, but none of us here are the cause/solution to this problem, so therefore we're merely having a conversation.

Having said that...I have a big issue with this statement:
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

You seek after petrol on middle east now, what I cant stand is that those actions hide behind the freddom/liberty/justice speeches which many pleople truly believe in becoming blind followers of the beast.

I find it extremely hypocritical when you say some of us are "Blinded" by the freedom/liberty/justice speeches. How is that any different than your arguement??? We're just there for the oil (petrol)??? Have you ever thought that this is a "Speech" to blind all the people who dis-approve of the war. "Blame GW Bush...he just wants to go in there for the oil!!!" What makes you think we're just there for the oil...??? It is the all the barrels we've been caught stealing from Iraq or better yet the mountains of Afghanistan???....maybe we should check GW's ranch for a bunch of barrels of oil.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

but none of us here are the cause/solution to this problem

That I must disagree, you might not know the cause, but you could be part of the solution indeed. Ask for your troops back home. Dont support the invasion.

And maybe you're right and it's not the oil you seek over there, and maybe you could explain why after so many years you're still invading 2 countries in middle east. What's the sense of the occupying forces?
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 6:09pm
No worries Luchog it was a bad time for both countries both lost young lives.

Great topic here sure hope you guys get it right, with a National Health Service that's what its called here as ours has lots of problems.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 6:50pm
Luciano, I believe it's less than 30% of the US actually agrees with the war. If that's not saying "Bring them home" I don't know what is. It's not like me standing on a street corner with a "Stop the War" sign in my hands is going to accomplish anything. We live in a democracy, however, this issue is not a simple vote of the people. We vote people into power, those people have access to information FAR beyond what the average citizen is aware of, and they use this information to make the best decisions (in their opinion) on what course of action is to take. I do not pretend to know every detail of why we are over there, but you'd have to be foolish to think we're in the business of going to war to piss a bunch of people off, just for no reason.

You can't expect a country to endure a 9/11 and not be afraid of it happening again. It's not enough to just "leave them alone". They (extremists) hate Westerner's just for being westerners. Our way of life and freedoms are a direct attack against their religion. Our support of Israel adds to it. If we just leave them alone...I don't want to see what they will do next.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 8:23pm
c-bass to clarify, war is a business, wish i had a Hummer contract, even a Hummer period...I'll ask tonight
I had to break the tension
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 11:11am
Haha, good work Eric...this conversation needed a bailout plan. Shoulda known, don't talk politics or religion with your friends, but it's a good discussion no-less. We're just jealous of all the guys up having a good time at the reunion.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 11:29am
btw, hummerless
its one thing to argue...I think we discuss
my plan next year is LG, I had a good time at GL, well worth the effort
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 4:08pm
No Stimulus for your package!   
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 5:19pm
...quote of the day. Good one Steve
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic