NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new buyer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new buyer
    Posted: September-14-2009 at 10:53pm
In your year and price range, these would be my thoughts:

You are going to have to search hard to find a Super Sport/Super Air in your price range. I've seen one 95 in nice shape for 15K. I've seen several 97-2000 in that price range, but they needed a fair amount of work, most commonly needing new upholstery. They are out there, but it's tough. Same hull form 95-2006. All changes were to interior, or top cap. Running surface remained the same. Considered by many to be the best wakeboard hull ever made.

Second choice, 93-97 Sport Nautique. You may have to load the boat with a lot of ballast to match or come close to the wake of a Super Sport. However, 93-97 Sports have the same dimensions, and same hull as the 95-2006 sport. They can produce a very impressive wake and are more commonly found in your price range.

Third Choice - Excel

Fourth Choice 90-96 Ski Nautique, wiht a personal preference for a 93-96 so as to avoid wood stringers.

Fifth Choice 89-92 Sport. Many who own them like them. Personally not a fan of the integrated fiberglass swim platform.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

vault614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vault614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 10:39pm
depending on the boat/ year / options and what i may add i'd say 12-15
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 9:33pm
What is your budget?
vault614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vault614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 9:16pm
also any major preference between years?   or is newer better?
vault614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vault614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 9:13pm
so that being said. Their is a substantial difference between each boat wake based on their hull? does ballast become more of an equalizer to make them more similar or is their still a substantial difference.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 1:55pm
Just looking at the wake I'd say from best to worst:
- SuperSport/SuperAir
- Sport/Air
- Excel/BF
- Ski
vault614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vault614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 2:19am
I am looking to buy a mid 90's-2000 boat i am a wakeboarder and have been for several years but only behind inboard/outboards. i am new to inboards. i guess i am looking for suggestions for best hull type. natique has a few in those year ranges from the ski natiques , exel/barefoot rear engine, the sports natiques and supersports. any suggestions on best to worst?
Thanks
Spencer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic