Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LCD tach and speed on 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ciscokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciscokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LCD tach and speed on 2001
    Posted: September-10-2009 at 3:48am
My 2001 has fancy LCD readouts on tach and speed that no longer readable. Advice for fix or replacement needed.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2009 at 11:10am
Backlights probably burnt out in them. Not a hard fix if you have a soldering gun. Radio Shack has the bulbs.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
ciscokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciscokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2009 at 3:10pm
Thank you. Appreciate your quick reply to a newbie. Will be hanging around this forum to learn a few things.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 3:18am
Hey welcome to the site! Great bunch of folks with tons of knowledge. BUT we all love pictures so post some of that 2001, we all want to see!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 1:57pm
welcome..
what year is your boat!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
cldtex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cldtex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 11:32pm
Actually, I think this may be the fading LCD that is a common problem in the 200-2001 time frame. A few options (1) Replace with analog gauges (Nautique has a kit from Faria they rccommend considering they know these gauges are all going bad) (2) There is a guy by the name of Richard on planetnautique who claims to be able to open them up and fix them (3) the latest update in a thread on planetnautique is that you can open the gague up, place a piece of foam behind the ribbon cable to firm up the connection.

I am in the process of trying 3 and i think it makes sence b/c my gagues are irradic and fade in and out in differing degrees making me think something is just loose.
ciscokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciscokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 5:06pm
Many thanks. I will probably tackle during winter. I would appreciate hearing how your repair effort with the foam worked out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic