NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What I did on Summer Vacation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What I did on Summer Vacation
    Posted: September-22-2009 at 12:04am
Well then, the speed skier was almost definitely Janine Dohert. Rich Peters lived 5 doors from me before he moved to the lake. I've met Andy several times, though I wouldn't say I know him. My wife has known Jerry for years.

Small world. BKH
Livin' the Dream

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 4:18pm
The speed skier was very cute, Andre and her were flirting back and forth she wished him luck on his run...I got some video of Mikes boat and her (I was using Chuck Gleasons HD videocam) so there will be a video on BarefootCentral after those guys get back to TX and edit one up....It should have many of the acts and also the shots I took from the superflyhigh of Andre.

Too bad you missed Andre's act-the crowd went wild! I heard alot of screaming and yelling.

Yes, I know Rich Peters pretty well, he lives nextdoor to two good friends of mine on Diablo Shores (Jerry and Andy). Hope Bill doesn't mind me posting the pics, Heres a link to all of them. Both 2008 and 2009 http://www.pbase.com/wkimages/brentwood_ski__show   buy some prints
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 4:28am
Yes, that is Mike Avila in the twin engine orange boat. Mike is also probably the greatest speed skier of all time, and the only speed skier in the water skiing hall of fame. Maybe you knew that, I ramble on.
Can't tell from the photo who is the speed skier standing on the boat. Probably Janine Doherty.

I had to leave just before de Villers did his act.

Do you happen to know Rich Peters, seems like most of the Barefoot guys around this area do. He's friend of mine. BKH

P.S. Just noticed you got your photos from Bill Klipp's site. Bill lives two doors down from me.
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 3:51am
Heres the "Warpath"

This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 3:31am
no I skied last year as an ornry fisherman,
this year I just was a dock biatch
but I did get to video Andre from up on top of the tower
"in the crows nest"...
that's me up top wedged into the superflyhigh,
it felt kinda funny being up there in front of
the sheriff and coast guard with their lights flashing
but we just did it...no problem.(everytime I heard the
loud speaker I thought it was them telling me to get down)
Something interesting: Andre is a big dude...220 pounds...
from the vids I always thought he was like 180 maybe
...he is 220 lbs!

Is Mike Avila the guy with the orange boat with twin v8's?
that thing was going 125mph when it went by us!
sounded/looked like a guided missle.

Here's a shot from last year.

This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 2:36am
Glass Seeker,

Did you perform at Orwood on Saturday? I was there for about 2 hours, but didn't get to see as much as I wanted. I happened to show up during the Patriot Air show. The planes are cool, but I'd rather see some good skiing. Also had my two year old with me to give mom a break for the afternoon. Unfortunately, got to be nap time.

I did see Temby and Flipper do some runs. Saw a bunch of footers and speed skiers I know. Saw Mike Avila walking around and then did a high speed pass in his boat. Looks like it was a pretty good show. Wish I could have stayed longer.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 2:04am
That's so bad a$$. Saw Andre do that in his newer freestyle video. Andre and Chuck just keep coming up with some of the craziest stuff ever!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 1:31am
45mph the "AirAndre"

This is the life
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2009 at 12:44pm
Here are a couple of videos of our watersi club I put together. The first is a labor Day weekend video. The second is a bit long, but is a wrap up of the summer of '09 action at the lake:

Sheridan Labor Day

Sheridan '09 Year End

This is an awesome club for me and my family and is the cornerstone of our summer. My '01 SN ripped flawlessley thrught the action!
Got Foot?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 10:47am
Sorry for the mixup Sebastion & Kristoff. I guess I have you two in the same mental offshore category.

TX, that's an awesome video. Must take some 'Moxie' to do that the 1st time!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 1:44am
OK i'll play along, this is not me, but is a helmet cam view of a roll about 20 ft off the water.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuH35gP7yqs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efoilforum%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2444&feature=player_embedded
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 11:22pm
Chris I think you mistaken me with Kristof!!! I didn't post here untill now....
as for mrs snob well at least is not a close picture..mrs kapla pics here are much closer making her very recognizable amongs ccf members!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 10:12pm
Sebastion - That's the best one. The others were even less in focus. Have a good one of the boat while I was surfing, but got a thumbs down from Mrs. SNob for posting her on the world wide web.

Sorry guys!

Ben Franklin
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 6:34pm
Great shots Chris! I also particularly like the first one. Made any more by any chance...?
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2009 at 12:03am
Disposible underwater camera. No way was I taking our Sony Digital camera on a set with me. Wore the rubber band that came on the cameras like a headband during the start.     Kids were laughing at me over that! Had the negatives scanned onto a CD ($4).      Going to use that 1st one as the background on my laptop for awhile.     It's too bad those disposibles have a focal length of only 4 ft, but you take what you can get sometimes.

Ben Franklin
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 10:01pm
How did you do it?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 8:05pm
I particularly like that first shot Chris. Great idea.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 2:01pm
This was my big project during vacation, to get a shot from riders vantage.

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic