Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1978 - Strut Repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Don S View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 - Strut Repair
    Posted: April-14-2005 at 7:32pm
I am replacing/repairing the strut of my 1978 Correct Craft Ski Nautique.

Does anybody have the factory measurements / dimensions that I could get my hands on?

Thanks in advance

swamp demon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swamp demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2005 at 1:07pm
You might call bruce at mid-west cc in angola,Indiana. He is very helpfull.
What excatly are you trying to do?
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2005 at 4:07pm
If you need a replacement strut Buck-Algonquin makes has replacements. If the strut is bent it may not be wise to straighten it. Do you need the strut dimensions or location dimensions????
If have a source for new struts.

Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
nates78ski View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2005 at 9:11am
My 01 SAN strut may had little blend due to hit on stone,so the shaft feel thigh after change prop and shaft ,if you would post some information about change strut,how? skills and measuement,I'll very appreciate that.
nate78ski View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nate78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2005 at 8:44pm
Not too much skill required. Just remove the prop, loose the four bolts from the strut, let the strut swing down on the shaft & slide off. To install reverse procedure & make sure you bed the strut & bolts with bedding compound.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic