Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

whats it worth

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nauti77 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats it worth
    Posted: April-12-2005 at 2:57pm
Hello from texas, I have a 77 ski nautique 351w the motor is in good shape and pretty clean except th wiring is all messed up. It starts and than dies it only runs for a split second and than dies the rest of the boat does need soem work, there is some rotting in stringers but i think its not too bad, the gel coat is cracked about like every other 30 year old boat on the lake any way what I want to do is sell it and get one in a lil better shape with a chevy engine that i could work on easier does nayone know what my boat is worth or around what it s sorry this is a long post
scomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2005 at 11:34pm
nauti77, I have a 78 SN with almost the exact description. You just described mine to a "T" except that mine is running. i just got mine running, with the help of correct craft fan members,but it had been sitting for many years so I was gonna repair some soft spots in the floor under the front seats. well I soon found out that my stringers where rotted from the front of the motor to the back of the battery box(about 20"). I carried it over to the local marina and talked to the mechanic(who is an excellent inboard mechanic and ski boat restoration "Guru")and he said that it would be next winter before he could get to it. well i didn't want to wait until next year to be on the water so i bought a ski supreme last week to get through the summer until I can get the SN back on the water,which gets back to your initial question he told me that my boat was worth 1500.00 the way it sat with the trailer. He also said it would cost Around 1500.00 to put new stringers and floor back in it.
So I would say that you looking at a 1500.00 dollar boat "give or take a couple of hundred". I have elected to keep mine because it is worth more to me than the 1500.00 dollars. even if i have to put more in it than it is currently worth. I know what I will have once completed and what it will be worth to me.
You may try EBAY, I saw one on there a couple of months ago that souded like ours and it went for about 1300.00 if I remember correctly.
SCOMER
nauti77 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2005 at 2:34am
Thank you very much for your reply, I love this boat I learned to ski behind it many years ago and my brother who just passed also learned behind this boat, I understand how people feel about these boats and its great to find a website like this that supports these incredible boats, but Im really crazy about the barefoot nautique and so is my dad, so we have elected to get rid of her. Im going to put her on this site for sale and probably have it running well before I sale it, again I would like to say how much I love this site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic