Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats it worth?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cold in minnesota View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold in minnesota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats it worth?
    Posted: April-10-2005 at 1:39am
I am looking at a 1979 ski nautique that is for sale in my area. It is in all original condition on a trailer of similar vintage. I would say its in good to very good condition . 900 hrs, 351 engine, Original equipment intact. Of course it needs a complete make over, But what is it worth as it sits???? Thanks in advance for your 2 cents!!!!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2005 at 9:02am
Hey Cold,   Best bet is to go to boattrader.com and see what is out there close to that year model. Boat buyers and sellers don't have a kelley blue book or NADA (at least that I'm aware of.) Without looking I'd say 6-8k but I may be way off the mark. Unfortunately your buying @ the best time of year for the seller cause spring will drive the cost up a wee bit. Good luck!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2005 at 10:17am
Nadaguides.com is out there and has boat values. I've noticed that it's not always accurate though. They show a 79 Nautique having a low retail of $3320 and an average retail of $4000.

Based on real-world Boattrader asking prices, I'd say 5-6K, maybe less depending on how much work it needs. All original is cool unless the vinyl is shot and the stringers are bad.
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2005 at 2:00pm
I paid 2500 for mine with bad interior and ruff graphics and a ton of hours three years ago. I have redone the interior replaced the engine and repainted the graphics and wouldn't take anything less than 7500 now mainly because of the engine I installed.
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2005 at 3:35am
I paid $3600 for my 80. If it doesnt look brand new then it should probrably be on the low side. If it is restored to any degree then pay whatever you feel like paying, but remember once you get around 8-10 g's then a few more gets you a hell of a lot more boat. These old correct crafts are awesome but small.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2005 at 12:33pm
80nauts:

You got that right, small is the key word. I love my '77 Martinique, but my family just flat outgrew it. Hence my purchase of the '93 SN. Once the '93's restoration is complete, the '77 will be for sale. I plan on asking about $6500.00. I completely restored the boat way back in '89, and have about 325 hours on the rebuilt engine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic