Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel-Injection

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
d killough View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d killough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel-Injection
    Posted: April-05-2005 at 4:26pm
I have a '95 ski nautique it has the 351 pro-boss EFI motor. It starts fine, runs good but when I give it full throttle it starts cutting out and I have to feather the throttle to keep it from cutting out at full throttle. I have done everything I know to do except put new injectors in.(ex.I have done fuel treatment,fuel cleaner,always run high octane gas,)Do you think it's the fuel injection doing this or could it be something else?
SKI DADDY
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2005 at 6:29pm
If it's flooding, it could be the air flow meter if you have one, or a water temp sensor for the efi if there's one, that's what I've had go bad on efi vehicles. I don't know if you have throttle body injection or tuned port. Have you ever changed the fuel filter?, it could be starving for gas.
Tim D
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2005 at 6:31pm
I generally look for fuel delivery problems when an engine stumbles or cuts out under high load (i.e. full throttle). I once had an air leak at a fuel filter that caused this. Darrel had a pinch fuel line that caused his similiar problem. I would suspect a clogged fuel filter could be the culprit.

Then there is electrical to think about and look for...maybe someone else can help you out a bit here. Maybe a weak coil and resultant weak spark is getting drowned out. What about the engine protection circuit that puts the engine in limp mode if the oil pressure is low or water temp high...could be getting a false reading due to bad ground, faulty sensor, etc.

Good luck.
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2005 at 11:12pm
I wish I could whine and complain about my fuel inj. problems. Pull the plugs, and re gap... That reminds me. did I gap my points???
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2005 at 11:42pm
hey polynoggin come down & we'll bolt on that new holley,fill the cooler and test run that ol mean green mustang machine one more time b-4 i sell it.
kenny g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic