Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barefoot boom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
john.bolesjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john.bolesjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barefoot boom
    Posted: June-24-2009 at 4:38pm
im looking for a barefoot boom so i can teach my kids how to ski and wakeboard and i think that would work unless you all have any other ideals
John A Boles JR
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 7:38pm
I have a countoured boom for sale, howver I do not have the pylon clamp. It could be purchased through aftermarket companies. Asking $250
...those who have fallen and those who will.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 11:19pm
check craigslist.com in your area. I check often and see them for sale all the time. keyword "barefoot"
Got Foot?
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 11:48pm
I bought one off craigslist for 225.00 and it was like new!!!!!

I also see some on now on ebay.

Sam
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 11:05am
I bought mine on Craigs, $150 with a 2 foot extension that I don't use. Picked up my Skylon for the same price on CL. Actually just picked up another Skylon, mint condition for $100, and it was only 4 miles from my office. Gotta love Craigslist.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 11:29am
Tullfooter,

If you dont need two Skylons I would like to take one off your hands. Let me know.

Sam
Loud pipes save lives!!

Sam's 73
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 11:40am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

I bought mine on Craigs, $150 with a 2 foot extension that I don't use. Picked up my Skylon for the same price on CL. Actually just picked up another Skylon, mint condition for $100, and it was only 4 miles from my office. Gotta love Craigslist.

Tull, I assume that means you have a BI boom? Which extension do you have- the one that goes between the 2 sections, or the handle that goes on the end? If its the former, care to sell it?
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 12:48pm
Ryan,
    I might be interested. Let me find out about the clamp and how much it is. I will let you know.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 4:23pm
Boom clamps go for around 150 including the quick release pin.

I have a complete universal contour boom that I'd like to sell or swap for a straight boom (Z-inside or complete boom).

-Brad
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 5:49pm
Sam
The second Skylon is going to my my brother-in-law, or a guy on my ski team, (Quigs85SN2001).

Tim
Quigs also has dibs on the in-between style extension.

I'll let you know if I see anything around here. It seems that our Michigan economy is causing a run of unloading on Craigslist. (search "Metro Detoit" on CL)
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 6:14pm
Thanks
Loud pipes save lives!!

Sam's 73
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2009 at 12:41pm
Ive been checking craigslist all over fla and i cant find one,ebay either
davee40
lakeland,fl
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2009 at 12:13am
John,

Several on craigslist right now, all around the country. (google "craigslist barefoot boom") Shipping isnt too bad, I paid $60 to get mine shipped from CA to MA. Total cost for me inc. shipping was $180 for a perfect BI. The deals are out there so don't feel it has to be local.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2009 at 11:59pm
I have had great success teaching little ones both skiing and wakeboarding with a boom. I had to attach a ski handle to the boom as it had to great a diameter for little hands. I use a soft handle and zip tied it real close to the boom so there wasn't hardly any slack. We would get them ready on the platform and carry them over the side to the boom. I think it is also less intimidating for them being closer to the boat and you can talk rather than yell out to them. I have a quick release clamp so adjusting the boom height is simple. Good Luck
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2009 at 10:47am
OUT OF 10 BOOMS FOR SALE THAT I FOUND ON CRAIGS LIST I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE BOTHERED WITH SHIPPING,AND I CANT FIND ANY ON EBAY PLUS IVE NOTICED THERE IS A LOT OF JUNK OUT THERE!!!!
davee40
lakeland,fl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic