NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muscatine IA Boat Show info...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muscatine IA Boat Show info...
    Posted: March-23-2009 at 1:04am
The "That was then,this is now"   boat show in Muscatine IA is scheduled for the weekend of May 15-17.

This has become one of the largest shows in the nation. Dave Moritz, who started the show, stopped by yesterday afternoon to help me scarf the joints on my Higgins deck. He said they currently have around 100 entries, with more coming in almost every day.
There will be just about every type of boat form woodies to classic glass. A few things that makes this show unique are,

1:FREE- FREE-FREE-      Registration and admission is FREE!!!

2: See all types of boats!   Inboards, outboards, wood, 'glass,...you name it..

3: Racing Boats! APBA ,ADBA... Racing boats will be making speed runs on the river.
(see everything from vintage hydros, Jersey skiffs, current Grand National Hydros, to Drag Boats and more!!)

4: The 26th annual, National Century Boat Show Roundup will be held as part of the weekend events.

5 : Antique motorcycles and car show .

This is a free event...both for participants and spectators! Pam and I will be bringing the 64 American Skier...would be nice to get a few more classic Correct Crafts!   Most registered boats must be pre-70, but Correct Crafts into the early 80's will be allowed.

Plan to bring your boat and family, or just come for the day to check everything out!   Any questions, let me know!

Heres a link to the Muscatine Boat Show   CHECK IT OUT!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2009 at 9:46am
Steve,
I was at the cabin this weekend checking on progress, and I had to meet with the guy doing the boathouse work at his shop in Eagle river. When I was driving out of his place I realized that the Treehouse village was just across the road, so I took a drive by, I couldn't see the lake side, but I think you will like it.
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2009 at 1:31am
Sad to say it but, I have never heard of this and I'm an Iowan!!! Sounds like a great event!!

Steve, What day are you bringing your boat up? I would love to come check it out! I can always use some CC inspiration and a chat with someone who loves CC's as much as I do! Pretty rare around these parts, people just think I'm crazy!

Maybe I'll bring my Skier next year when she is presentable to the public!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2009 at 12:37am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Sad to say it but, I have never heard of this and I'm an Iowan!!! Sounds like a great event!!

Steve, What day are you bringing your boat up? I would love to come check it out! I can always use some CC inspiration and a chat with someone who loves CC's as much as I do! Pretty rare around these parts, people just think I'm crazy!

Maybe I'll bring my Skier next year when she is presentable to the public!

Chris, this is only the 3rd year for the show. Last year the flood kinda put a damper on things a little bit. Even so, there were around 80 boats.

The first year, there were around 140 boats, making it one of the largest shows in the nation!

As of now there are already over 100 boats signed up, so we hope for it to be the largest to date!

As for what day will we be there? My wife and I help with the show, so we will be there Friday afternoon thru Sunday afternoon.

Saturday is probably the best overall day, as far as most things going on. The morning will be kinda nuts for extra talk-time for us as we will be helping get things organized, but a great time to check out everything!

Ohhh, your Skier - next year... Im counting on that!   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2009 at 1:50am
   I was wondering if anyone is planning to come to the show? / with or without a boat?

Just talked with Dave and it's lining up to be one of the best shows around. Entries have been coming in pretty strong.   

Along with all the afore mentioned things, Classic Boat magazine is planning to be there to do a feature article on the weekend.

Pam and I are planning on bringing the 64 for the weekend, would be cool if we could get another Correct Craft or two.

Again, its scheduled for May 15-17. Coming up pretty fast! This would be a great way to kick of the "northern" boating season!

Heres a link..

Muscatine Show . Make sure to check out the Galleries pages!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2009 at 10:04am
Steve - It sounds like a blast, but I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I hope they get the hydros going!

No epic rain in the forecast, so hopefully the river level will cooperate this year.

Have fun.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2009 at 2:04am
Steve, It was good talking to you the other day! How did the weekend turn out? Saturday night was a little chilly in dm...47 degrees! Show us some pics of you had time to take any!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2009 at 2:33am
Chris,

Friday was a complete wash.. around 3" of rain.
Saturday was a little cool and breezy, but the river was pretty flat and the boats were out running.
Sunday was perfect! Hardly any wind ... the coarse was fast! Had a few boats running over 150mph! I was fortunate and got asked to work in the pits... Got to help set the crane slings, as well as catching and holding the boats at the dock, while the drivers got buckled in. Was able to talk to almost all the drivers. MAN, was that a blast! Im ready to do that again!

Ended up with somewhere around 130 boats showing up for the weekend.. A LOT of fun!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2009 at 2:33am
That sounds like it would have been a great time! Hopefully I'll get down there next year! Instead, I worked two 12 hour days! Did you get the American Skier in the water at all? Any plans to make another reunion/shows the rest of the summer?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic