Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

196 ski racks

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2004196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2004196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 196 ski racks
    Posted: February-15-2009 at 3:18pm
Looking for a pair of the factory (preferred) ski racks for my '04 196. Tried to check out the Skitree product but looks as if they may be gone? Anyone have a pair they want to sell, let me know.

Thanks,

Ron
Rip it up!
StarOneWake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarOneWake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 8:02pm
We have Ski Racks in stock if you are still interested, all i would need to know is the diameter of your Tower and i can get you pictures and prices.

Thanks,
Luke Henry
Star One Sales
luke@staronewake.com
916-858-1178
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 8:50pm
Welcome to the site guys!

Ron have they changed the racks from '04? Could you not find them(factory)as you prefered at your CC dealer?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
2004196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2004196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:28am
Found a set at Orlando Nautiques, somewhere around $800. Feed back I was getting was they are cumbersome and get in the way more than they help. For 8 bills I decided to pass. If I found a set within reason (2 - 3 bills) I would give them a shot.

Still looking if anyone has a set they want to part with. Also a post going over at PN on this subject.

Staronewake - no tower (on a 196?) these go on the starboard side as in pic over on Planet Nautique - Gear and related items
Rip it up!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by 2004196 2004196 wrote:

Feed back I was getting was they are cumbersome and get in the way more than they help.

Ron,

Not sure I would agree with the above statement, the space behind the drivers seat is somewhat dead space so I am not sure how they would get in the way any more then a ski on the floor? Use ours often, helps keep things sorted out. Anyways, here's a pic for reference, assuming this is the style you are looking for.

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 10:48pm

We have some in stock, contact your nearest dealer for details.

Dave
2004196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2004196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2009 at 12:08am
quinner, thanks for the input, I should have been a little more clear. Your set up looks sweet by the way. Most, not all of the feedback I got back on the racks was they were not worth the cost, didn't really give a viable solution to ski storage and different length skis with different boot set ups made it more of a challenge. I certainly agree that skis on the floor are just, if not more of a pain but spending $800+ just didn't seem cost effective. I wish I had ordered them with the boat and the cost wouldn't have been noticed but I didn't. Aesthetically they look nice and I can see them working for one ski on a consistent basis and again, if I could find a set in the $300 range I would go for them.

Godfather -who is "we" and what dealer- - my Nautique dealer or??? Can you give my some estimation of the cost shipped or is my earlier quote from Orlando Nautiques of $800 + shipped in the ballpark?
Rip it up!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic