NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Brakes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hyper1685 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyper1685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Brakes
    Posted: March-02-2005 at 8:12pm
I have an '86 SN 2001 with the factory trailer. It is a single axle trailer, and it didnt come with brakes. Where can i get brakes for the trailer? will they just bolt up, or will i need to modify/fabricate anything? Has anyone done this upgrade that has tips?

Thanks,
Chris
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2005 at 10:51pm
Try these guys http://www.ufpnet.com/ They do the axles brakes and accuators for all DHM trialers used on the West Coast.. They are really helpfull.
soreneagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soreneagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2005 at 2:16am
The best thing to do is to take your trailer out to a couple of trailer shops in town and get a price for just the parts and an installed price as well. You will need a new axle with hydr. brakes (the old axle will not take the new backing plates) and an actuator for the tongue. Its going to cost you between $600-700 installed. If your towing with a small suv or pick-up brakes are a must. If you have a larger truck is not so crucial, but still a good idea. Not a hard project.

Please post you find out.
85 SN w/351 commander
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic