NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

96 SNOB - BOATTRADER.com

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Miss Uproar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Uproar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 96 SNOB - BOATTRADER.com
    Posted: December-09-2008 at 11:29pm
Hi Folks -- Dont mean to bore you to tears but I am interested in this 1997 SNOB on Boattrader.com for $11,500. The manager said he'd take 9k and 2k for shipping from San Diego to Conn. Can you guys look it up and give me your input? I do value your thoughts!!!!!! Thanks,
Michele
Always laugh when you can -
it's cheaper than medicine!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 12:51am
1996 SNOB

^^^^ Link to Boat ^^^^

Michelle,

Is that the boat you are referring to? 330 is low hours for a 12yr old boat, 50 per season is considered average. Galvanized trailer could indicate salt water use? From Pic's interior looks good. It would be great if a member from San Diego could go take a look at it for you otherwise you may want to consider having a survey done.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 1:10am
Michelle, is this the one?

SNOB

The $2000 shipping is what I would balk at. That's $2000 you could put towards the boat itself if you waited for one to turn up closer to home. Be patient, it will.

Now if you're dead set on THAT boat, that's still alot of money to bring a boat back east. Maybe not if you're paying someone else to haul it for you. I have no idea what shipping costs are, but for some strange reason his price reduction and subsequent shipping cost bring you right back to where you started price wise.
You could haul it yourself for less, or worst case scenario, about the same amount, and have fun seeing some beautiful parts and skiing some warm southern waters of the US on the way home.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Uproar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 7:35pm
Hi Terp -- Yes, that was the SNOB. Thanks for your insight. I really do want one and I really am upset with myself for missing out on a beautiful'94 SNOB with 345 hrs on it, always garaged and only 2 hrs away from me in Mass. She was asking 12k but would take 11k and I offered her $10.500 and she sold it to her neighbor the next day for 11k...... so, I lost a great boat because of $500. Do you really think I will ever find a nice SNOB in my price range nearby????? I do need to be patient but then I worry that when one comes along, I'll lose out..... I am so confused!!!!
Michele
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 1:56am
Well I realized after I posted that Quinner beat me to it. Apparently he types faster than me. That or I spent to much time shopping boats myself!

The advice about spending $2000 on transport should really be credited to BKH as he pointed out the same thing to me while I was shopping different boats.

The advice about being patient should be credited to all the guys on the site. At one point or another you're bound to hear it from any one of them.

This economy isn't going to get better overnight. Every day more people are losing their jobs. Every day alot of folks are going to find out they can't afford the toy anymore. Every day more boats are going to show up for sale. It will be a BUYERS market for a while yet. Be picky. Educate yourself by watching the market for a while. Ask these guys alot of questions.    Then when the right boat shows up and you get a good price you'll feel really good about it for a long time.   Besides you're not going to be waterskiing in CT anytime soon. You've got time, make the most of it.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 10:44am
Michele
I've casually been looking for a low hour 88'-90' BFN for the last year or so and missed out on two (footer89's new BFN), each by less than 1K or so, and each within 250 miles of my house. But like the others have said, the deals do come around every so often. I've seen other low hour BFN's further away, but I am with the others that unless I can see the boat, I'll keep looking.
These guys will help you out in any way they can (and I mean, any way they can ). If a boat you are interested in is near one of the members of the site, they will jump at the chance to check it out.
Good luck and keep searching.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Uproar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 8:59pm
Hi Terp... You are absolutely right.... it will be a buyers market and I want to find the perfect SNOB that I will keep for a LONG, LONG time. Will you guys please keep an eye out for me during this long cold winter????? Thanks soooo much!!!!!
PS Am I allowed to post a pix of myself on a boat that I was employed on? Or are only CC's allowed as your personal pix on this site?
Michele
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Uproar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 10:01pm
Hi Tullfooter -- Thanks for your insight.....
I really think that I am going to only look at boats which I can see, touch, etc. unless as you say, a member can check a boat out for me elsewhere. It is so risky to spend 10k for a boat sight unseen, especially in this economy......   I guess I'll just keep on truckin...... can you keep your eyes open for me?????? Thanks so much!!!!
Michele
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 1:12am
Michele,
Ditto's to everyone above. Patients is a viture. Even the "Messiah" the man of hope and change says "It's going to get worse before it gets better"

Sure glad things are changed in Chicago. LOL Sorry, I can't help myself !

You can upload a picture into your post. button above post window on right.

Oops, did it again !
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic