Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie needs help buying 96 ski-nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
drewc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aussie needs help buying 96 ski-nautique
    Posted: January-18-2005 at 2:21am
Is anyone able to offer any advice on buying a 1996 ski-nautique. I'm looking at ski and wake potential.

Below is a brief description buy the owner

- Correct Craft Nautique 21ft, 1996 Model, first reg 1997
        - 310HP PCM 5.8L GT-40 Pro Boss Fuel Injected Engine + Forward-Neutral-Reverse (600hrs).
        - Total engine hours is 609. The engine was reconditioned in February/March 2004.Work included new heads, risers

and manifolds. I have all receipts.
        - Fresh water flush kit
        - Full tournament dash with dual speedos
        - Bimini
        - Centre Ski Pole + High Pole + Board Racks
        - Built in eski's (One in the dash and one in the floor, self draining to bilge pump)
        - XMD3 Clarion waterproof CD player + second amplifier and Sub Woofer
        - Navigation Lights plus Interior lights
        - Auto Blower and Bilge Pump
        - Full storage behind observer seat and in floor.
        - Easytow tandem trailer with brakes. Trailer is painted black.
        - Hull and Interior are in excellent condition.
        - Elastic Full boat cover for storage

The boat is very reliable and starts first time every time with EFI and drives extremely quiet and smooth.

Link to photos etc
http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBoatID=642921&TabID=3338&Alias=boatpointau

If anyone can help out with advice e.g. things to look for, all-round ability of the boat etc it would be greatly appreciated!

Drew
markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2005 at 7:43pm
Drewc,

You are not from www.wake.com.au by any chance?if not go there and chcek out the 1997 ski nautique discussion.

If so, this has been discussed at great length what more info do you need. It's a great clean boat, been well lookde after and is in mint condition. The Aussie CC dealer thinks it's good buying at that price and the owner is trading up to a 2005 SN in March. Paul the seller is a nice guy and looks after this boat meticulously.

Basically they are the bomb for wake making and are great for skiing as well. Wake is not like a mal which seem to be very mellow, the SN's have a rampier wake that kicks hard.

Much better value than the equivalent malibu sporster that is in the price range.

If you can afford this boat buy it..on 2nd thoughts don't becuase when I sell my ski boat I'll be seriously looking at it :-)

Cheers

Mark
97sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 97sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2005 at 7:55pm
Drew, this sounds like a great boat. My only question is why was the engine reconditioned with only 609 hours on it????? needles to say if this was already done, better for you. Go for it!!!
life is short live it!!!
markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2005 at 8:16pm
97sport:

I think an answer to this one is that the marine environment is a hostile one and sometimes sh**t happens.

I didn't ask this question but it is a good one and one I may well be asking.

I have no connection to the seller BTW, just reckon it's a great boat for the money.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic