NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hose for Wiring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hose for Wiring
    Posted: January-16-2005 at 8:17pm
The hose that is supposed to contain the wiring from the dash panel to the engine, in my '66 Mustang, has completely disentegrated and the wires are hanging loose in between the stringers. Does anyone have any opinions on the best hose to use to contain the wiring?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
oldcentury76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcentury76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 3:22am
My 1976 SN has wiring zip tied to the one the stringers, using the zip ties that have screw holes at the end of the tie.

try this link....    http://www.advancedcableties.com/                         
1976 Ski Nautique

Too many hobbies, not enough time!
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 5:08pm
Jim:

Just use a combination of the zip ties mentioned above and the corrugated split wire covers that are used for automotive applications. The wire jackets are available in many sizes and you could even run two parallel if all the wire will not fit in one. Try to keep the spit in the jack facing downward as much as possible to drain any water that will get inside.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 6:00pm
i think what david is refering to is called wire loom.
kenny g
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 1:41am
My "66" Wildcat was loomed in the same fashion as oldcentury76's. all the wires cable tied with screws. I contemplated this when I replaced my floor. I came to this conclusion. Correct craft has been doing this for years. I.E., My 66 and old century's 76 are still harnessed the same. And the corrogated wire loom will hold oil, grease, ect. which will deteriorate the insulation. If it rubs against something, protect it, otherwise, don't cover it.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 11:51am
The hose holding the wiring on my '66 Mustang is identical to the type on the bilge blower vents. It looks like miniture clothes dryer vent hose and it is white.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic